SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srburk

Mourn with me....

srburk
14 years ago

I have a tangerine crossvine that is four years old, planted on the morning sun side of the house on hurricane fence, blocking the view of the a/c unit, and looking gorgeous. It is the only thing that was totally sucessful in the broiling temps and neglect this summer.

Long story short....we need to have foundation work, and as part of that, we need to have a very large, very old, rotting stupid arizona ash (why oh why could they not have planted something else? removed. Because it is so large and in the opposite corner of my yard from my very narrow gate with lots of obstacles between, they are going to cut the fence, and roll it up so they can carry the branches/tree out to the street. Sob. I don't see any way the crossvine is going to survive being stripped and walked on. But then there really isn't any other way to accomplish taking the tree out (and believe me I don't want the tree guy to be distracted, as the tree is in the electrical lines.

So right now...gardening in Houston...s***s. (I have small children that can read...and if you do, too....thus the stars.....)

Comments (3)