SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccoupkir

In mourning for my best buddy

ccoupkir
16 years ago

I felt the need to let all my good friends here know that I lost my beloved red classic tabby Oscar on Saturday. He suddenly started breathing at about double the normal rate so I rushed him to the vet before they closed. He had been struggling with numerous problems since May: a retrobulbar abcess behind the eye, uncontroled diabetes, occasional vomiting, etc. X-rays showed that he had a large mass, probably cancerous, in his stomach and it had probably metastisized to his lungs. Untreatable, so we sent him back to his maker rather than allow him to suffer.

I was absolutely in shock. I never expected anything like this. He was the love of my life. I've had alot of cats but he was truly special. My gardening (and everything else) buddy. I really think that he thought he should have been born a dog.

Needless to say, I am devestated. My husband travels every week and Oscar was my constant companion, greeting me at the door when I got home from school, spending the evenings with me in my office or in front of the tv. This is a huge loss for me. I feel like I have this great big hole in my heart that is constantly bleeding tears. We have 2 other cats, actually a cat and a 15 week old kitten, but they're just not the same.

I've already decided to plant my favorite hosta "Striptease" on his grave since he loved to lay under the hostas while I planted all my ws babies.

I just know that you, my friends, will understand my need to post this. I guess I'm looking for the loving support I know this group has to give. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue to try to let go of my best buddy and at the same time try to devote more love and care to my newest kit Murphy.

Thanks to all of you.

Cheryl

Comments (10)

Sponsored