SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynthianovak

Etiquette Question

cynthianovak
15 years ago

Yesterday I came outside and found my new Neighbor trimming my magnolia tree. It is just on my side of the property line, but it took me aback.

I pointed out that the tree was no on his property, he's renting and probably didn't know. He said he needed to trim it because he didn't want it to poke him in the eye when he mowed under it. I showed him the line along the drive way and said he didn't really need to worry about it there.

He said that he wanted the grass to grow, I said that grass didn't grow there, but OK. Grass doesn't grow because there is a big Magnolia and a really big Live Oak. Plus, all the St. Augustine where he's renting died years ago.

I don't want to be a bad neighbor and didn't make an issue about it; but shouldn't he have said...."hey, do you mind if I trim the branches?" I was outside in the back yard, it wouldn't have taken much to just call over.

We've gone from neighbors that never mowed anything to a guy who has cut everything way back. Fortunately there is a really big Myrtle and he'd need a cherry picker truck to murder it!....wait I think I hear a big truck backing up over there.....

c

Comments (20)