SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin_whoneedshelp

slug eggs - desperate!! need help!!

robin-whoneedshelp
14 years ago

I am desperate and seeking advice from anyone who has dealt with slugs and their eggs. I have been dealing with them after a very wet late spring and summer here in the northeast. Well, I did all that was recommended to wipe out the slugs and I thought I was victorious - but my annuals in the ground and in various types of planters continue to be eaten and die. After throwing away a few of the contents of one of the planters when all the flowers had been destroyed I noticed that there were a few of these little while fluid filled eggs on the top of the soil and down in the soil. After many hours of combing through all the soil in all my plants in the ground and in planters - I found the eggs in all of them. It took me a while to figure out that they were slug eggs. So - this is why I am here - desperately seeking any solutions to get rid of the eggs before all my flowers are destroyed. I have broken down crying over them - as they were all doing so well and now everything is a mess.....

FYI - I have spent an unusual amount of time and $$ this year on flowers (annuals) as we put our house up for sale and I am trying to max out the curb appeal! PLease help - any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Comments (20)