SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dersayliss

Indoor garden, Very Sick Peppers and tomatos

dersayliss
14 years ago

How long has this problem been going on? This problem has been going on about a month now.

Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) Growing in a basement with 400watt hps.

What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) DWC & miracle gro moisture control soil.

Type of plants? Early girl hybrid tomato and bell peppers

What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) They were seeds started in stone wool for the hydroponics & started in normal miracle gro soil for the dirt plants.

What is the age of your plants? about 30days

How tall are the plants? the tomato plant is about 2ft & peppers are relatively small.

What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? the plants seem to flowering and the tomato plant has about 4 nice size tomato's and some small new ones forming

What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) stone wool & hydroton for the hydroponic system and miracle gro moisture control soil.

What is the Water temperature? 65*

What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? roots seem to be white

What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) GH nutrient & once every other week 5 drops in the watering mix for soil some miracle gro ferts(liquid bottle)

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* GH nutrient hydroponics 10ml of gro 10ml of micro & 10 ml of bloom per 2gallons of water

How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)every two weeks when i change out the water

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? slowly over time

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) micro gro bloom

What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? 775ppm

What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.5

Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?yes just re-calibrated

When was your last watering? 2days ago

When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) going on 10days today

How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? every 14 days

What size bulb are you using? 400watt hps

What is the distance to the canopy? 23'

What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 55%

What is the canopy temperature? 82*

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)69*-82*

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) small circulated fan on high

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? just a fan blowing the plants and a window fan blowing the light (not an enclosed room)

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no but the leaves do move a little.

Is your water HARD or SOFT? soft 80ppm

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap that i let sit over night.

Are you using water from a water softener? no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched. just some dead or dieing leaves, or the ones that are fall off naturally

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? neem oil every week

Are plant's infected with pest's? i have seen a few fungal gnats flying around

Ok since this site does not like good quility pictures ive decided to post the pictures to photo bucket and like them to this post please fallow the link to view what i am talking about with my sick plants....

Comments (6)