SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilafter

plants turning yellow after termite tenting

lilafter
18 years ago

hello,

i have a distressing problem. after my home was tented for termites, i noticed the plants' leaves began turning yellow within 2 days.

these are outside plants and were not covered during the tenting process but within 6 inches to 2 feet away from the building.

the ones that seem most affected are the agapanthus and siberian irises- leaves nearing 50% yellow, wilting and drooping. the flower shoots are dying off with blackish mush in the stem. marigolds and geraniums and succulants seem ok except for their drooping.

i tried a search but the only thing i found was that other temite co' reccommended heavily watering the soil/plants to "prevent vikane from entering soil and affecting plants".

my termite co did not mention anything (i didn't water them) and assured me the plants outside would be unaffected. i called today- 5 days post tenting but they are not claiming any responsibility as the plants would of died right away from the vikane

i've been watering them well since, but they aren't looking any better. is it possible the gas entered the soil and is slowly killing them? or is it just a fluke? is there any way to turn them around to be beautiful again?

please advise and wish me luck.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21