SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Shrubs turning yellow 2 months after planting

ilovemytrees
10 years ago

I planted several Burning Bush Chicago Fire shrubs and 3 Forsythias.The Forsythias are doing terrific.

But about 3-4 of the Burning Bush shrubs are, or have turned to the color of chartreuse, one of them is almost lemon yellow. No evidence of bugs and the leaves are soft, not brown or crunchy.

If anyone could please answer my question about what the shrubs turning yellow means I would be thankful. Regarding the color change, the color change of each leaf is over the entire leaf and veins, not just part of each leaf. The shrubs are planted 6ft apart and it's weird how one shrub changed color but the one next to it didn't etc. There's no rhyme or reason for why.

I guess I will try watering them more to see if that helps.We do have fast draining soil, but they've been mulched well, and like I said my other shrubs are doing great.

Does this mean they're under stress? They have gotten watered by me once a week for15-20 minutes, and there has been supplemental rain here as well. With our sandy soil it is absolutely impossible to over-water anything in the ground.

I thought these were problem free shrubs. Is this simply transplant shock?

This post was edited by ilovemytrees on Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 13:37

Comments (3)