SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denninmi

Please Don't Be An IDIOT Like I Am!

13 years ago

I just had to share this, because I am SO STUPID. I learned my lesson and won't ever do this again.

Well, the other day, I had a mess to sweep up out in my garage. So, I got the shop vac I recently bought. But, it has a really short cord, like 8 feet. The only outlet convenient was one that has 2 7 cubic foot freezers plugged into it.

So, I unplugged one of the freezers to vacuum.

You can guess what DIDN'T happen next. Instead of unplugging the vacuum and plugging in the freezer, I just pushed it aside, and walked away.

36 hours later, I realized what I had done when I went out there and noticed the vacuum still plugged in!

Luckily, I don't think I lost anything except a 48 ounce half-full carton of ice cream. Everything was still icy, but melting. I only have fruits and vegetables in this particular freezer, plus the one carton of ice cream, no meats, and it looks like things didn't get harmed. Had I not found it when I did, another 12 hours and things might have been goners!

So, NEVER EVER EVER unplug a freezer for anything as trivial as running a vacuum cleaner.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio