SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Mango tree owners getting nervous ?

Here in Englewood, just below Venice, we had our coldest night of this winter last night and early this morning. I still have my four 3, 4 yr old trees that have somehow managed to survive. Luckily I seem to have developed a sixth sense when cold is threatening these still tender trees. (Hard to say when I look out at my 14 ft high Valencia Pride ).
Anyhow, yesterday I decided to replace the old string of fifteen C7 Christmas bulbs on my Nam Doc Mai with a new twenty-nine bulb string of colored C9's,..on sale at Wally's. Good timing, as I instinctively awoke at 06:50 AM and scurried to check the outside thermometer. It read 37 degrees,..so am sure my trees will be fine with the whole yard ablaze all night, but a lesson learned. The TV weather guy only predicted a low of 40 - 42 deg. So now will have my old towels and teflon tie wraps handy as well, to wrap around the trunks if the " prediction " goes under 38 degrees, which could easily mean 33 or 32 here !
The coming season looks promising,..so have my new pellet gun ready and starting in March will assume my Elmer Fudd persona and be on the lookout for them " Wascilly Wabbits " or whatever else threatens my upcoming harvest !
C'mon winter & spring, I am ready ! LOL

Comments (5)