SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Jalapeno Garlic Jelly & Sweet Red Pepper Jelly

nancyofnc
13 years ago

I've had requests for this veggie jelly combo but all I can find are recipes for jalapeno jelly and for garlic jelly, but not together. Since both are high pH I am unsure of the veggie to sugar/vinegar ratio to be safe. My daughter suggested we make jalapeno jelly and add dried ground garlic (about 1 Tablespoon?) to a batch. What do you all think, or do you have an approved recipe for this combo? I do not want apricot-based Jalapeno/Habanero Gold type recipe - that stands on its own - so this should be just a sugar based jelly. I would appreciate input so much!

Further requests have been for sweet red pepper jelly. I have several canning books but no time to look one up, because I am up to my eyebrows with the 11 bushels of apples I brought back from the NC mountains and all three refrigerators are full and still some have to sit on the floor - no more room in the chill chests! It is 80 degrees here in the Raleigh area so they ripen and soften as I watch them, and spoil if I turn my back to stir or fill more dehydrator trays! Sheesh Louise, it is the end of October and should be cool and breezy in NC!!! So, if you have used a recipe that you like for sweet red pepper jelly (not relish), would you point me to the page I might find it on in one of the good safe canning books? I would be so very grateful.

P.S., I've never eaten this red jelly so I am even unsure what it is supposed to taste like, sounds delicious though, and I have 20 sweet pepper bushes turning heavily laden fruit to red as we speak. So, I am dependent on you and your refined taste buds to help me find a good recipe. Or, should I just chop them and pop them into the freezer for later when I find a recipe??? I do that with the hot peppers for December canning and it works just fine. Don't know if the sweet peppers would hold their crispness like the green or orange hot ones do, or maybe it makes no diff?

Thanks ever so, y'all.

Nancy - who smells of apple butter spices and has sticky hands from peeling apples for canned pie filling, whose apron is dotted with apple pie jam spurt, and who can't find her hidden bottles of MI maple syrup for Annie's Apple Maple Jam!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz