SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scummings_gw

Kitchenaid mixer attachments

scummings
15 years ago

I borrowed a friends attachments to use with my new mixer and so far have used the slicer/shredder on peppers (shredding for jelly and slicing for pickling) and the sausage stuffer to stuff banana peppers with a chirazo/cheddar mixture. I will probably use the strainer this weekend on tomatoes.

I love these attachments.

The slicer shredder is so much nicer than my old Oster kitchen center food processor and it's way easier to clean. Since Bubba (my mixer) has his own assigned counter space and the kitchen center stays in the pantry the attachments are easier to deal with and it did a beautiful and fast job of slicing a huge amount of peppers fast.

I used the sausage stuffer to stuff banana peppers last night after work. It really make the job easy and fast and the cleanup was fairly easy, and so worth it considering I didn't have to stuff a half bushel of banana peppers by hand. I did them by myself in about 2 hours, this was cutting the tops off, deseeding them, stuffing them, putting the top back on, cutting and making vacuum packer bags, bagging them up and vaccuum packing them. It was alot of work, but will be so worth it come December!

The strainer looks sturdy and I feel confident that I will find it much nicer to use than the the one that attaches to the table and is turned by hand. Then only thing i see that I might not like is having to use a bowl and frequently emptying it if I'm doing several gallons of juice instead of putting a large stockpot in a chair like I do with my manual one. But I'll figure something out, i'm creative when it comes to cutting down steps....

I hate to see the end of the season, but I'm looking forward to slowing down!

Sheri

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations