SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
berrybusy

Green Pepper glut

berrybusy
11 years ago

I'm pulling and stripping a bunch of my green pepper plants. I have plenty of good sized peppers, along with loads of little green peppers,about 1-3 inches in size. I looked at them and thought perhaps they could be pickled whole like those "cherry bomb" type peppers? Does anyone know?

Could I pickle them using the Pickled Hot Pepper recipe from NCHFP? Could I add a dried cayenne pepper to spice them up?

Should I use the sweet Pickled Bell Peppers recipe? If I do can I leave the little peppers whole?

Do I need to peel them? Some of them are pretty small. Or are they are too immature to use for anything?

What else could I do with my green peppers? And yes, I do know there is always the food bank.

Also appreciated: Suggestions for haberno, cayenne, jalapeno, and anaheim peppers (aside from salsa)

We had our second earliest freeze on record: the first day of fall! With lots of covers most of the garden came through, but the weather folks are saying another frost/freeze this weekend so I'm trying to clean out some of the garden and make it more managable to cover up what is left. (We aren't talking a few sheets and blankets here, more like a couple of huge canvas tarps...)

And here I was hoping for a long fall!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!