SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

A Glut of Green Peppers

nancyofnc
14 years ago

I wanted yellow, orange, and red peppers but what I was gifted with were several (like 50) pepper plants that have fruits that stay green forever or until they rot from me staring at them for the whole season. I don't digest these green things that well (y'all over 40 know what I mean), and even though my husband can and would eat my stuffed green peppers 7 times a week, I don't have room left in the freezer for any more for stuffing up until next year's harvest.

Is there some relish or condiment that I could make that is based on green peppers? A lot of relishes use green pepper as an additive, not the star, like Rummage Relish and Salsa and I have so very many green bells out there that I would hate to have to resort to compost. DH said something like pickled green pepper and sweet onion relish would be to his liking for putting on hamburgers and such. Do y'all know of anything like this that is an approved recipe for BWB? Last resort would be to dehydrate them and stick them in his stews and on his half of our pizzas for the next year - at which time I will be planting yellow, orange, and red peppers only.

Nancy

Comments (4)