SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ccaggiano_gw

I have finally put up....

ccaggiano
15 years ago

If you've read some of my earlier posts, I was floored (and quite jealous) about the amounts of foods some of have put up. While my little garden is quite productive and I am proud of it, we are eating almost everything I am growing.

This weekend, I hit the farmer's markets. And am quite proud to say that now, I have put up....

20 quarts of tomato sauce and 14 heads of broccoli. I also froze a quart size bag of basil (my own) to use throughout the winter. I have another 1/2 bushel of beefsteaks waiting to be dealt with. I am thinking about using these for Annie's Salsa.

I also parboiled and froze eight quarts of heirloom tomatoes. They were just coming in too fast to eat. In the past, I would give them to the neighbors but now that I know about canning and freezing, I am saying - no way. I would rather parboil and freeze them and save them for a cold winter's day than resort to store bought tomatoes.

I was also able to find a good source for cheap local corn, potatoes and onions. That is my next project.

I am proud of me!!!!!

Comments (11)