SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thonotorose

What's your latest garden project? July

thonotorose
15 years ago

Here is one of mine:

I have just finished enlarging a bed to triple its former size. This bed is at the south of the house and gets the most sun of almost anywhere in the yard.

I did it lasagna style. I have been gathering cardboard for some time. I thought I would use it as mulch at some point. Well, after being inspired by my FloraBuds on this forum, I built the bed.

Over the cardboard, I placed many green fronds that were the remains of a massive and stupendously healthy split leaf landscape philodendron that was feeding lustily at the septic drain field. (We hope we have saved the drain field!)

Next, I spread more then a dozen large bags of oak leaves gathered last spring. My next layer will be a 6x12 trailer load of rotted horse stall goodies and it will sit for about a month.

The bed looks so good already that I have decided that veggies will be the first crops. I planned to put roses in, but the economy and other factors are causing us to do a lot of rethinking, to say the least.

Additionally, we are under the Progress Energy gun. We will find out sometime in December if we are to lose our property due to eminent (Sp?) domain. We do not consider this a bad thing. It would be nice to get some land that is not so shady and not a toxic rubble landfill with adjoining swamp.

What are you doing, in your Eden, in July?

Veronica

Comments (15)