SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

July 2014 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden?

grant_in_arizona
9 years ago

Happy July, everyone!

I know the next two months are our version of "winter" with often unpleasant temps (I love heat though) and people hiding indoors and less activity in the garden. Buuuuut, there's still plenty to enjoy, especially if you get up and out early. What's looking good, or bad, or awful in your garden?

Here are a couple of things looking pretty good for me right now. What about you?

'Old Fashioned Climbing' petunia, one of the few varieties that survives our blast furnace summers. They smell great at night and in the morning, and self sow nicely around the garden in white, light pink and light purple:

{{gwi:410105}}

'Ruby Red' grapefruit fruit dangling from a young tree. Makes me look forward to chilly winter nights that will cause them to ripen and color up:

{{gwi:410108}}

Arizona poinsettia (Euphorbia heterophylla) looking good all over the garden. Nice short lived perennials here. Make sure you want them before you let them go in your garden as they self sow aggressively! So pretty though. I love them.

{{gwi:410112}}

A random shot of one of many plant stands on my covered patio. Lots of great fun stuff on all of them.

{{gwi:410113}}

Okay, your turn. Keep us posted, pics or not.
Happy gardening!
Grant

Comments (45)