SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Late bloomer beds on Tuesday.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Well, I actually took this picture yesterday afternoon before I planted the rest of my TB iris.

I thought everyone might want to see the late bloomers bed that I have going along the back of the new garden. Did this by moving many of the Hibbard intros over this spring. Also some other lates I had elsewhere. As you look down you just see the edge of the newly created Tall Bearded Iris bed at the right. And you are looking back towards the serviceberries were many of the Thomas late bloomers are planted along in the front row of that. Then at the very back you see the tall one on the left is BLAST FROM THE PAST (just under the birdhouse) with TREE TURTLES just to the right of that.

OLALLIELAND is just to the left accross the grass path of the Hibbardville bed. You can just see a daylily bloom from Olallieland sneeking in the picture. So lots of late blooming going on here.

After Olallieland along that left side is my blueberry bed with lots and lots of blueberry shrubs. I love blueberries, yumm!

Here is a closeup of BLAST FROM THE PAST. This daylily is TALL. In fact it is my tallest daylily. This is the first time it has bloomed for me, in three years I had had it. I only kept it because its a late bloomer but now I am glad that I did.

Here we are looking accross the TB iris bed before I finished it with the rest of the iris yesterday.

The daylilies shown at the very front are new regular season bloomers I bought this spring. Then I have a long narrow gardenbed there between the daylilies and the iris that I plan to have in summer annuals to give season long color from now on. I don't have it done this year yet as I only made this entire thing starting this spring so took me awhile. Also there is room at the very back of the regular daylilies and before the long annual bed for adding bulbs or lilies or both.

Comments (9)