SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nova_gw

Water feature finally finished! [pictures]

16 years ago

I had a water feature at my old garden and when I moved I brought all the plants and fish up here with me in a hundred gallon rubbermaid stock tank. The tank has been sitting next to the iguana cage until I could figure out exactly what I wanted to do with it. Everything thrived and did so well I decided I had to get it to it's permanent home. The "old" feature was ground level and a little hard to tend so I wanted this one to be raised with a bench for sitting while tending it. Last Saturday The DH and I agreed to start the project. Here is a picture of the tub before Dave plumbed it for the pump and filter -

It is about 1 foot in the ground. After Dave had done the "plumbing", I had to get the plants and fish back into it since they weren't happy in the coolers I had put them in while their home was under construction -

The next thing we did was to wrap the tub in faux rock skirting that you get for mobile homes to hide the tub -

Then Dave built the bench for it -

{{gwi:176138}}

Here is a picture from the top -

{{gwi:176141}}

I really like the way it came out and hopefully the plants will fill in and hide the fence and neighbors mower. We are thinking about building an arbor over it and letting a vine climb it to provide a little more shade for it since it does get alot of sun right now and I am having a problem with algae blooms since I moved it.

Hope you like my water feature and that it inspires someone else to try one. They aren't that hard to set up and the sound of running water is so soothing! nova

Comments (14)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio