SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melva02

Fruit tourism in Oregon?

melva02
16 years ago

I have a request for the Willamette Valley canners, Carol and others, if you have an opinion on this. My boyfriend and I are about halfway through a cross-country drive and vacation. We are headed toward Oregon on highway 101 and plan to go through Eugene and Corvallis, then turn east and go to Bend.

What is the best highway to drive for scenery and hopefully some roadside produce stands? I'm guessing we are way too early for raspberries, but we've had some California strawberries and will stop for just about anything that can be eaten raw. The windier and more scenic the road, the better.

Peoria Road looks like a good choice, but 99E and 99W will also take us in the right direction. Any suggestions for our route or stops along the way are greatly appreciated. Or similar suggestions for the route from Corvallis to Bend and beyond, too.

We have spent most of our time driving the entire course of California highway 1 and will switch to highway 101 when 1 ends up in redwood country. After Oregon, I think we will swing around to the interstate that runs through Salt Lake City on the way to South Dakota, then Chicago, then back to Virginia.

Hope everyone is having a great summer of gardening so far!

Melissa

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths