SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalfreak

So, a Power Pole and Pygmy Dates....

tropicalfreak
16 years ago

....if I have a power pole in the backyard and it is on the fence line, can I plant something at the base to train up it a little ways?? It would only be on my side and I won;t plant something like a Cape Honeysuckle. I have a Mandevilla I would like to do this with. I want to use a 6ft bamboo stake. I also have a Bougie I an thinking of using instead to train up the stake. It would be kept in bounds at about 6ft and nice and trim. I learned in Orlando about trimming and feeding them certain times of the year to keep them neat and trim but still have blooms. I like how the Mandevilla is a free bloomer.

I have a palm question as well. I know a pic would help tremendously but the batteries are still dead and I haven't bought new ones yet. At the corners of the front of the house, the previous owner planted Pygmy Dates on each end. (you look at the house and there is one on the left side and one on the right side. They are clumping and I hate trimming them because of those nasty thorns and I have a slight reaction to them. If they were single trunks, like the one D'Ann gave me they would be ok there. The eave of the house doesn't hang across the end of the bed. I am thinking of taking them out and using either single or double Adonidias.

They grow fairly fast, for a palm, and are self cleaners. Good idea??

Thanks,

-Cliff

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus