SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19695690

Sure was some storm yesterday.....

User
13 years ago

We had some nasty weather roll through Citrus county yesterday. I had been outside when it started to rain so just hung out in the out building with the boat and waited for it to pass. All of a sudden the wind started whipping.....I was getting rained on 30 feet inside a building. The winds were 70 mph+ for several minutes. Stood there listening to the sickening sound of trees splintering and knowing I had days worth of work ahead to clean the trees up. When the storm passed I was surprised to see not a single tree down in the yard, just 100 small branches. Did have a 6 year old Orlando Tangelo blow over a few degrees from center and will have to stake it for awhile. It did not take long to find the trees that I had heard explode.....a neighbor two doors down (same one who killed his BB bushes with the fertilizer) had lost 4 large trees, the neighbors on both sides of me and across the road also lost large trees.....

Now today and all night it has poured, I am betting we get 5+ inches from these storms this week and would not be surprised if it is more. I bet 3 inches have fallen just this morning.

There was a report of a tornado and a lot of damage out toward Floral City where Lou lives (6 miles away)....have not heard from him so hope he is ok.

Comments (28)