SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weeper_11

Yay for daylily orders! Boo for digging!

weeper_11
13 years ago

Yes, I'm excited, because my mail orders have started coming in. And since I can't afford to buy new plants most years, this year is going to be a doozey. My Prairie Peace roses came in, and thank goodness I think they'll make it. I was a little worried that this sudden heat wave would dry my roses new leaves out before they had a chance to grow me some new roots! But they seem to be fine, and I have great faith in PP's weedy growing abilities.

BUT. Even BETTER is that my order (small though it may be) from Joe Hawkins came in (Hawkvalley Hemerocallis Haven). It was earlier that I thought it would be, which is what the "boo digging" was about. I didn't have their permanent spots ready yet! My bed is still being finished, and I had intended to plant some of the taller varieties at the back of the new area. Oh well. I've temporarily planted them whereever I could find room amongst my flowers. I'll just move them next spring. It'll be good to let the fresh ground settle anyway.

And the plants were so nice! SO much nicer than what you get in the greenhouse. The fans were plump and large(except for the ones that have smaller fans naturally), he sent at least 2 each, sometimes 3...and he sent me a gift plant "Kirsten's Corsage" which I absolutely love, because cascading UF's are my favorites. PLUS it is tall, which I like. PLUS it has nice colors that compliment my garden. I was pleased not to get one of those super skinny-petaled spiders that I don't find very attractive. I thought a gift plant was really kind of him, because I only bought 4 other plants (Primal Scream, Black Ice, Starman's Quest, Orchid Corsage).

So go on!! Go buy from Joe! I fully recommend him. Now I'm just waiting for my order from Coral Kincaid(Nova Scotia Daylilies) which is larger, but she said hers won't be coming until June, so I've got some time.

Happy days, happy days.:D I just had to spread the love, because my husband couldn't care less to hear about my plants!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH