SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gloriab3

4200 get a named daylily, send a name daylily 4200

gloriab3
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of bulbs and goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

We are currently doing a March secret bulb swap.

BUT our next swap has daylies in them... YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Comments (100)

• marybz5ny
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,
    Just had a couple of minutes before the kiddos are up and searching for their baskets, so wanted to get on and wish you all a HAPPY EASTER! It's a beautiful morning already - frost on the ground and still piles of snow here and there, but the sun is shining and the temps will be mild today - mid 40's. Spring is finally here!

Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday wishes this past week.

Oh you poor thing Mama G., taking the fall at Walmart. Hope your body is healing. I know the humiliation you felt - I missed a step and took a similar fall last year right in front of a crowded restaurant window on my way out. Needless to say, I got out of there fast. Oh, the embarrassment!

My bunny box went out on Thursday, so I believe my buddy should have gotten it yesterday. If not, most definitely will get tomorrow! Will email you, G.

Hope you all have a wonderful day with those you love.
    Mary B

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Warm Bunny Filled Easter Happiness For All, & HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO, Hope you have a great day:)

Will play the catch up game with all soon,

Cody,
    You should have received the new list, I will send it to you again,

Have a wonderful Easter everyone, :)Anita

• Related Discussions

Have: Six named Daylily Want: Six named Daylily

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi, Fellow daylily fan I would be interested in trading this spring. I'm in WV so we also have to wait till warmer weather. I do have some purples like Get all excited, Bela Lagosi, Jennie (lynn maybe), and a few others in those color schemes. I also have some other beauties. You can check out my trade list and email if you're interested. I send out healthy plants once I recieve a package from others. (I've been let down a few times) Later, Chris
    ...See More

HAVE: Lots of Named Daylilies for Named Daylilies

Q

Comments (12)
    HI, I have the following to trade: Rachael Billingslea secret splendor pleasant edgings cedar waxwing soft summer nights dewberry candy Siloam Royal prince Leah Abbott If you are interested in any of these let me know. I have a list of 12 of yours that I want. South seas is a *must have*. Some I have 2 fans of, others I have 1 fan of. p.s. I have some of these in trade to another person and I haven't heard from her yet, so it will be first come first served. Thank you Maureen
    ...See More

3900 send a daylily get a daylily 3900

Q

Comments (100)
    Hello everyone! You girls out east can just keep the snow there. Cool pics, Dawn! It is cold here but we only had snow flurries yesterday. Most of the old snow is gone. Remember what they say about March...In like a lion...Out like a lamb. We can hope for that, right? Marea: Those are sure pretty little flowers! Anita: I love your Brug. I had to do a double take...I have some pots just like that. Usually have hostas in mine though! Canna: If you have any hellebore seedlings left save me a few too. I think some of them are hardy through zone 4? Maybe in a sheltered spot? Maybe you know? I just hate it when my washing machine breaks down! Cute pic of the little "artists" painting the step stool! ??Like mother like daughter/son??? In our local shopper yesterday one of the stores showed a really cool arbor/bench for the garden "on sale". I went to check it out and they did not have one on display, so I asked a clerk. She must have thought I was crazy asking for that in Feb! Said I should check back in a few weeks!I must have spring fever bad! I got the seeds Shirley! I am anxious to try them!Thanks!What a cutie your Dawson is! Gloria: Sorry about all your computer woes! Well I better get busy here...laundry and cleaning to do. MaryS
    ...See More

4600 Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Now were did I leave off, I see I covered Nancy twice, Jo, Now sweet innocent Jo, DO YOU THINK I DID NOT LOOK AT THOSE WONDERFUL ROCKS YOU PAINTED & WONDERED WHY I DON'T HAVE 1- NOT 1, NOT EVEN A 1/2 OF 1. OK I am done yelling at you :) I feel better. I know I told you CONGRATULATIONS for your new venture, inspired by David's Daylilies over the phone, But thought I would tell you again, I cant wait. Oh I am so looking forward to May 14th, Hey how far away would that be for Mary B??? MARY B. PLANT SWAP!!!!!! I forgot were. Janet, I am glad to know all went well with your DD wisdom tooth removal, My DS has to have the same thing done, Now I'm not saying he is a baby, but at 21 he will not go do it unless I go with him:) Angie, Thanks for the heads up on the Co-op, but after what I have already spent this year on Daylilies, I better slow down a bit before DH is having me replaced, & He cant do that cuz I am so looking forward to our 25 wedding anniversary, He wonders why I am working so hard in my flower's, I think in 4 years I should have things just the way I want them, 7 Yep renew our vow's, right were over the last few years have watched as other people have gotten married. Gay, Hope you get your computer figured out, I know you will send one way or the other:) Mine ticked me off so bad earlier, I had almost everyone covered 7 for some unknown reason, BUMP Off Line I Go, Oh I hate that, Did you E-mail Susan? I think someone better if you didn't, it has been a LONG time. Cindy, I know I posted to you earlier, & as I was just coming back, I see Jo saying sorry to you, I too missed it, I am very sorry your Gramma passed away, Wish I could give you a big hug & help you weed to make you feel better:) Dianne, OK, now I know this pneumonia crap has messed with my head, but for the life of me I cant remember who is getting married at your house, Is this the first for you? I think it gets easier each time, We are thinking about renting out for wedding's, Wedding's only not party's. Oh man I will have to come back again another call I have to take, :)Anita
    ...See More
  • ellenh
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone! Happy easter!

I wanted to post really quickly about the wonderful box I got from Anita

I got:
    Mystery Day dalia
    Amur Lilies
    Hollyhock Alea
    Morning Glory Flying Saucers seeds
    Gardening gloves.
    A wonderful memopad with the saying "Bloom where you're planted.
    A huge symphony chocolate bar
    all kinds of little easter candy (cause her grandson is too young probably)

I won't be posting for a couple of days because I'll be in sunny Florida delivering a truck we sold. So everyone have a nice Easter and Spring Break

Ellen
    PS - Happy Bday Jo!

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Happy Easter all
    hope you all have a great day with your familys

Happy Birthday Jo!! Have a wonderfull Day

Jean

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1257920}}

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!!

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Happy Easter All, Mamma, so sorry for your loss, there are so many critters out there in need of love. if you have it give it to another swet little birdie. Canna hope your kitty is well. Angie you got my rain. seattle is talking drought although we are finally getting some today, Dani, your purchases sound great.I gotta have that friends don't chain friends t shirt. Gloria maybe you can be a walmart greeter now? What is the fuzzy duck on a stick?Jo

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!! The boys have been up for an hour and half their candy is gone. Then they will go to their dads for round two :o) I will have two hyper little boys today.

Canna I also received a confirmation last week on my brecks order. I got Black Beauty and Golden Stargazer.
    Do you still have the code??? Last year when they ran the code, I placed 3 orders all on different credit cards and shipping address. (I know I cheated) but what a heck of a deal.

Anyone got gourd seeds??? Looking for bird house, apple and bushel gourds.
    Our Walmart had peonys (bowl of Beauty) 2 for $5 in bags, I didn't get one, but think I will have to go back for that. I know it will probally be a year or two before I see a bloom, but that is dirt cheap.

I will be back later to check in, it has stopped raining and I have to dig a few more bulbs for my buddy.

Angie

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Happy Easter all you bunnies!

Jo, Happy, Happy Birthday

{{gwi:1257923}}

Today it's cold and cloudy and boy I'm glad I'm not out there hunting eggs! Jacey's at her other granny's today. lol

Canna, great picture. How creative!

DH has cooked breakfast this morning so I'd better go eat or should I say Brunch since it's so late? Whatever it is it has to be good cause I didn't have to cook it. lol

Have fun everyone!

Nancy

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. All of the little pics are so cute.

I just had to come and share with everyone what I got for my B-day, and Easter. I am so excited I could burst.
    For Easter I got:

16 mixed Tigridia bulbs (mexican shell flower)
    10 Gladiolus Black Giant

For my B-day:

6 HUGE plant pots 24"dia.x30"high(I really needed these)
    3 Oriental lily Pink Superior (looks like a Lt. pink stargazer lily,gorgeous)
    4 Asiatic lily LaToya
    4 Asiatic lily Pink Trophy
    1 Dahlia Thomas Edison
    1 Dahlia Eveline
    1 Dahlia Blue Bell
    1 Dahlia Black Diamond
    1 Dahlia Contraste
    1 Daylily Pink Charm
    1 Daylily Theresa Hall
    1 Daylily Super Purple
    1 Daylily Ribbon Candy
    1 Daylily Grape Velvet

Whoo Hoo what a wonderful Easter/Birthday!!! Aren't my DH and DD just the best?!?!? I think they are, but, then, I AM just a little bit prejudiced. (grin)
    I have to go and get the DL's potted up.
    Have a fantastic day with all your loved ones,

Hugs to all,

Jo

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

WISHING ALL THE BUDS IN BLOOM A HOPPITY EASTER AND WARM WISHES FOR A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY AND....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO, THE BUNNY AND FAMILY HAD A FUN TIME CHOOSING SOME OF THE BEST BULBS FOR YOUR GARDEN. ENJOY YOUR DAY...rm
    SIZE="30" COLOR="GREEN">

i should be tickled "pink" SISE="2" color="pink"> it WORKED!!!

• namso
    19 years ago

Happy Easter to all!!

Happy birthday Jo....sounds like you are having a good one:). Love plant gifts....

Great weekend here. Yesterday was really nice. Hit the local nursury for a flat of pansies (oooh color here now!!!), found they were unloading plants! Picked up 3 perenial geraniums (karmina, biokovo, Claride Druce), a coral bell (Raspberry Regal) and a crazy daisy. Still too early to plant these here yet but it felt really good.

Carol-thanks again for the link. Yipee.

Mary/Ellen/Debbie - dining room & moms house filled with daylily seedlings. Tried a few other things (last) but so far no go. Still hoping.

Cindy O/namso

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

I just had to come back here and let everyone know what an awesome best friend I have. She knew how much I wanted the daylily "Dreams of Heros" for my family garden.And she also knew I couldn't afford it. She talked to Marea, and now Marea is sending me this "Dream" DL. I have to say that Anita is the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Thank you Anita, I luv 'ya my best bud. I just hope that my B-day gift for you makes you as happy as mine does me.
    thanks again, both of you,

Jo

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Hello all you daylily lovers. Hope everyone had a great Easter. It started raining here around 3:00, so hope the kids got to hide eggs before the rain came.

Jo - Happy Happy Birthday. Wow nice plants you got for your birthday. My favorite thing to get on ALL OCCASSIONS.

Gloria - Hope you are getting better from taking that fall.
    A fall can really shake you up. It just goes to show how puny these bodies are we have.

Canna - Loved your picture in the bunny. How creative you are. Both of your children are adorable. Hope they had a great Easter Sunday.

Lots of Spring work ahead. We have hauled and put out close to 15 loads of mulch, and still not done. Really lucked up on the mulch. We were paying $40.00 a load but my husband found tons of it on the side of the road for free. All you have to do is go load it and it's yours. Seems like everyone has found it now so I'm sure it won't last long.

Take care.

Shirley

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

happy birthday jo!

hope everyone had a great easter....has anyone heard from gaygay lately? post post we miss you

more rain here but warmer. kids got me a huge pot of daffodils for easter, they are catching on to the "get mom a plant" for any gift idea. They know it can't be the wrong size or color!

planting my scarlet runner beans outside tomorrow and the beautiful huge crump of greek oregano from marea (she is the best)

MELISSA

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Good Morning all,

Gloria,Jaye,Cindylu,Deni,

HOW ARE YOU ALL? Did you get hit bad by the storms? Hope all of you are ok! Post when you can, and let us know. I know your areas got hit real hard.

Canna,
    I love your creative Pic, so cute. You have a lovely family, and your little redhead is just as pretty as she can be.

Once again,
    thanks to all for the B-day wishes. It was a wonderful one.
    And all of your wishes made it doubly so, thank you.

For everyone who feeds the hummers, they are on the move and heading north fast, keep track of them so you can get your feeders out. Check out the link below,

Have a great day everyone,

Jo

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Jo - That is so neat. I did not know they had a map like that. I love hummers and have been looking for them but I have not seen one yet. I better get my hummingbird juice ready it looks like it won't be long.

Good morning everyone. Wow we got the rain last night. It woke me up several times it was so hard. Just put out fertilizer and lime Saturday so it could not have come at a better time.

Shirley

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Hello everyone! I am back home after a weekend trip to visit my mother for Easter. It's going to be beautiful here, maybe up to 70. Spring is coming even here in the tundra, LOL. The hoop-greenhouse is up at one of the local stores.Yipee! May get started with some spring cleanup today because it may rain tomorrow.

Jo, Happy belated birthday!What great birthday gifts!

Canna, loved seeing your bunny picture!

MamaG, hope you are doing better! Sounds like alot of rain out your way!

I better get busy! Hope everyone had a great Easter! MaryS

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Forget the HAIL that BOOMED my house and yard.... so weird never saw anything like it...
    forget that for easter dinner I cooked two eggs and grits for hubby and i, we were both so sick.. cauht that flu stuff.... first time in three years i called in sick...
    forget that...

but who is this person that wants me to be a WALMART GREETER!!!!!??????????? I about died laughing... will tell why later...

rabbit on pen... lights up when i write, yes, like dawns duck! too cute.

NOW THEN

as of 1045
    DAWN,JAYE, miss soper, have all picked the same winning numbers,,,,, this is soooooooo weird..... still waiting for other numbers to come in...
    I mean 6 answered and you three had it,,, dirtpigs in and the race widdened??????? hello?????
    more brillent details later.... back after flu nap over...

NEED addresses mailed to me anyone...
    yes I got the tubers... thanks so much.. awseome packing and labeling job girl....

Canna, loved your rabbit family photo.... LOVED

can you post the dl chick photo on next new psot... 4400? will you take it again... explain why later...

VERY important email going out tonight.... LOOK for it!
    angie, mellissa, jo, debbie, boxes out later... had no address, had no energy,am sorry...
    tommorrow for sure....ZZZZzzzzzZZZZ
    angie GREAT DEALLLLLLL great!

• mareas
    19 years ago

Hi everyone! Hopefully everybody had a joyous Easter day. I'm happy to hear you all got my boxes - wishing you all lush jungles!!

So sorry you got that horrid flu, dear Gloria. Hope you can recover quickly even though you're still at the puter...

I spent the weekend potting dozens of plants and carrying around 5 gallon pots of daylilies and raspberries - managed to exhaust myself, so my hubby and I splurged on chicken dinner take out for Easter.

What I wanted to tell you all is that the daylily I thought had died this winter, Minnie Pearl, is regenerating from the crown! I emptied the pot yesterday to use for a Hosta and there were little white roots and tiny green nubs. This daylily will be a month behind others - but lived!! Lessons of Renewal from my garden... marea

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

ummmmmmmmmm...
    silence in the forest???? all the baby bears sleeping?
    hummmmmmmm

last year someone made me personalized stickers, address labels... if anyone can do this for me Ill pay yah.... I need around 1000. Thanks.... this isnt up for trade, this is to pay.

Jo thanks for the address...

angie,debbie, mellissa boxes out....

wait till mailman delivers then paypal exact postage only plus 9.99 paypal fee... lol joke there...( not so much)

is everyone napping???? hummmmmm
    off to eat....
    chocolate! grin!

I am feeling much better... thera FLU
    works wonders.... all akes, pains gone!

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

NO, MOMMA BEAR, I'M NOT SLEEPING ... I DON'T WANT THE PAST TO CATCH UP W US...

DIRTY PIGGY.....DO I OWE YOU AN APOLOGY?...I DON'T THINK SO, BUT IF YOU THINK I SHOULD/DO, LET ME KNOW...

I'VE BEEN CRYING MY HEART AND GUTS OUT, AND NOW, I'VE A HEADACHE....

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Oh cool Dahlias, my 2 neighobors are going to happy, I am splitting with them.

Well of course it was almost 70 here today and I had to work, this JOB thing is just getting in the way.

Anyone out there got a good sugardaddy for me, so I can quit working??? ;o)

Happy b-day JO!!!

• marybz5ny
    19 years ago

Hi All,

Angie, I know what you mean about the whole job thing. It was just 45 here today and I had the HARDEST time getting myself motivated for work. Had about an hour in the garden doing some clean up before work and could have gone all day. Wednesday and Thursday are supposed to be around 65 - yippee! But, oh yeah, gotta work. Darn!

Jo, a belated happy birthday to you. I tried getting on last night and posting a note to you, but for some reason it kept rejecting my message. We'll see if this one flies.
    Sounds like you had a great one. I agree, plant gifts are the best! I got a dozen red roses from hubby last week for my birthday. They were really nice, and I'm truly grateful, but oh, the hostas or daylilies or lilies I could have gotten instead! Maybe I need to do a little hinting for next year.

G., sorry to hear you've been down and out with the flu. I had it 2 weeks ago - just miserable but only lasted for 24 hours - thank God.

Well, think I'm off to bed early tonight. My new issue of Fine Gardening came today and I'm dying to get at it. Have a great night everyone.
    MaryB

• veeja11
    19 years ago

My pal dosen't love me, or my pkg is lost. sad carol

• juspeachy
    19 years ago

Morning everyone,

RM,
    Please don't be sad. Everything will be ok, you just wait and see.

Carol,
    You do not need to be sad either. The Bunny will make it better, just wait. Remember, "some bunny loves you"! (sorry, couldn't resist)

"G",
    Do I need to paypal you? PLMK how much I owe you.Hope you are feeling better.

Anita,
    Where are you? Come out of that basement, step away from the plants, and join the fun. You never let me know about today, so guess I will spend the day with DH, do some house work, and plant some more seeds.

Mary,
    I know what you mean, my family have finally caught on. I usually get live plants now, or at least something garden related.

Angie,
    70*!!!! Ohhhhhh, why can't you send just a little of that out our way? Right Anita, Mary, Dianne???

Well, I suppose I should go get something done,
    will check back later,

Jo

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

Dearest Momma or better yet: Momma Dearest--

LOL, i have been up since 3 and now, being the person that i am, usually jumping the gun, before it goes off. i have to show our dearest Bear that if we say anything, at all, you/I/we, better make sure to follow through. she got my letter, and she can, if she wants, pass it on to the right person or to all of us.

dear Jean- i love you bud, dirty piggy feet, and all, i never doubted you in my heart.

so, with that said, i'm off to sleep.

till the next episode of "why are we doing push up w our boobies" or "hey, kid, stop laughing and pick me up" or
    "why is that lady's butt up in the air, in the middle of downtown"; DON'T call the cops, she may be praying.

silly grasshoppa

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

I'm in tears! Pushups with our boobies! You're a riot, trops. Be back in a bit...

~ Canna

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

why is that lady's butt up in the air, in the middle of downtown"; DON'T call the cops, she may be praying.

Oh my that's hilarious. You ladies crack me up. I needed to laugh on this gorgeous Tueday morning. DID NOT, DID NOT WANT TO COME TO WORK. Going to be in the high 70's here today. OK you lucky ones who don't have to work on a job I'm jealous of you all. I'm even thinking of going home for lunch and doing one hour of yard work. Do I love it or what.

Sorry tropsanddune and jean for what happened. I know everything will work out. Hang in there. We love EVERYONE IN THIS GROUP.

Shirley

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

ok.... everyone settle down...
    there were four people so far that did NOT get their box...

mommy dearest movie not a compliment...

all the ladies that picked the number "7" email me with a number again,,,, can you believe that 4 picked the same number??????
    also need joey and dirtpig to pick a number also and all 6 of you are in the same race.... mercy me... I am sending the number also to marea and when she gets up both of us wi ll compare to see who the winner is!!!

This has given me a great idea of next months box swap.... Ill tell that as soon as this one clears up.... does everyone have the new 7.70 priorty mail flat rate boxes????
    your gonna need one.. the biggest, the flat one.. go on line to order them if you do not.
    usps.com

• mareas
    19 years ago

Alrighty, then, I am awake with the winning number in hand as backup!
    Here's my first Iris of the year - a foundling - and it's a red wine purple!!
    Posed like an avenging angel, isn't she?
    {{gwi:1257924}}

• dirtpig
    19 years ago

Mareas what a beautifull iris..fresh with rain drops and all.Does my heart good..spring has sprung somewhere...=)

Jean

Ok Mamabear I'll hang in

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh I am so excited I cant see straight!
    First things first!
    Dirtpig.... I love yah! And for the new gilrs that dont know this..... she is one of the most awesome traders we have here....ALWAYS behind the scenes doing things she takes no credit for! When I NEED her to help someone in an area I email dirtpig and I say.... so and so needs..... and before I am done she is in her yard digging up and sending off boxes.
    When we first started this group as we got rid of the stiffers dirtpig, susan, and canna I think and anita and jo and if i miss anyone, debbie, they were on it getting things to those girls.... that is probably how and why we bonded so, our susan, who emailed me today... WEIRD huh cannawoops back to dirtpig.... I loved her name, dirtpig and when ever i would see it I would just grin. I say all this to just say..... sometimes we dont tell the ones we love how much we care...., its so weird with us all....
    how we have bonded and never met. I got in a pickle and Marea jumped in and helped me and it took alot of her time... canna has helped this group MANY times.... as had anita.... and countless others... look at dawn and canna... did you all know each other before... nope and now look.... i think they are "BUDS" and not budweisor! grin...
    I mentioned dahlias and debbie ships them right out! M&Ms come in the mail and I am blessed....
    what I think I am trying to say is this.....
    there is an old saying that says.....
    you can not tell a friend by what she says to your face... you can tell a friend by what she says behind your back...."
    I got your back DP, I got your back!
    NOw.... if we can just get to this winner..... I need joey to pick his number... have not heard from him.... Marea is on JUDGE stand bye grin....
    I want this big ol box of yours to get to one of you all....
    I am excited about the next swap......
    to prepare get a flat rate box from the usps... that may take some doing... so HEADS UP... start to prepare!
    Also I am getting a great deal on some bulbs,,,,, different ones.... heads up anita... grin.. and ill share when i know more... Ill shoot out a email who the winner is.... and ill email you about the NEXT swap......
    Marea.... I love that photo.... I SEEE the angel.... her head is tilted up right? Gosh I so see it... does anyone else....off to dinner
    love g

• veeja11
    19 years ago

I am a newbie but feeling better now and dp whatever is going on I have your back also, just like your posts.
    don't worry be happy carol

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Everything is beautiful in it's own way! Remember that old song? Well, that's the way it is with us. It all works out in the long run. One of our staff development people at work has a saying that I'm sure isn't original to him but I like it and it fits us to a tee. "All is well and then some, no matter what!" That should be our motto cuz like G said everyone has bonded so well.

G, I'm so sorry you have the flu but I promise that even though it's been about 2 weeks since I told you I had it I DID NOT GIVE IT TO YOU!!! Hope you feel better very soon.

Marea, beautiful iris! I have some getting ready to bloom for the 1st time and I can't wait.

rm, carol and dp, it will all be ok, just wait and see and trust our group.

Angie, it was 73 here today and so bright and beautiful. Yesterday was about the same and I had to work. The weekend was cold and rainy. boo-hoo, I'm with Shirley and you find me a sugar daddy, I'm jealous of you all who don't have to work.

Gotta tell this awful joke because it's so corny.
    A man was sitting in the pew at church and after the service he told the preacher, "I'm sorry for wiggling so much but my bottom went to sleep on that hard bench" . The guy next to him said, "I can vouch for that, I heard it snoring!"

With that I will bid you all a happy and good night!

Nancy

• abitodd
    19 years ago

Good Evening or Morning whichever,

I am in the process of trying to do a little catching up and I am lost as always.

Mareas... I can not remember if I told you I received the box of goodies from you are not so much has happened. I did receive them and they are all potted up thanks to Mom. My savior once again.

Joey...I have not gotten your things ready yet as this is the first time I have even tried to sit up long enough to check emails are anything since being hit by a Cement truck and dang it no one even got the tag number!

Seriously...if someone tells you they have the stomach virus that is going around...maybe more like the stomach flu...do not and I repeat DO NOT be neighborly and take them soup or their dogs for a walk..or anything....RUN as fast as you can as far as you can. If you are going to do anything for them pray for them and go get some of those huge red stickers that say Bio-Hazard on them and rope their home off so no one gets near them. If you do have to go near them arm yourself with Lysol, Rubber gloves...make that double on the gloves and a gas mask...this is only if you do not already own the new Calvin Kline complete self contained Bio-Suit. I am telling you all I have never seen any one so sick before in my life than my husband was until it hit me. I went from feeling fine to feeling unusually tired to well use your imagination if you dare in less then 2 hours and I am still real jittery from all the lose of fluids. Hubby was hospitalized for 3 days because of it and me for 2. I have never ever been that sick before in my life and hope I never am again. Just feels good to be home.

As I already stated in the beginning I am lost as always but I can say this about Dirtpig-Ms. Jean...I have never ever gotten a box like she sent me...could not imagine it getting any better. The little notes she put in where so cute and most of all Hubby and Daughter gave her the big thumbs up so what ever is going on some one obviously is slinging mud at the wrong pig its not our Sweet little dirtpig.

Gloria, Canna, Dawn, Mareas, and any of you my half dried up brain may have forgotten are the best and I am just glad to be home, here with all of you. This was my first stop and I guess my last for tonight will get to the email in the morning.

I am hoping to try to catch up on my trades next week. Joey if by chance you have not sent mine yet can we wait a week if you have already sent I will get yours out next week. I am sorry.

I think I have bored all of you long enough and I am pooped now. Going to see if I can get some real sleep.

Oh...I mailed my Easter box out but I don't remember what day and I can not find my address list in email to even see if Susan got it..I am sorry I am still so new I do not know her user name.

Gloria hope you are feeling better today.

Hope this find all of you healthy happy and full of spring fever.
    Deni

• abitodd
    19 years ago

One more thing. I knew I was missing something from the above post.

Jo....We are fine. The storms where nasty we did get some hail but luckly it was not bad here only pea size. Thank you for thinking about all of us in the deep south....we do get the real nasty stuff in the spring but it is usually far worse in the Fall.

Deni

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

What is going on??? Someone please fill me in!

Canna

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

OH MY GOSH DENI>>>>>
    next time i get sick I am calling you and not the dr. as you have described EXACTLY, to the t what this flue is like.. I wont go into detail but I caled in sick for the first time in three years....
    my husband has been walking around wit it for over a week( keep in mind that when we were young, say 26 he got hit on his motorcycle and got up and went to work and had 7 fractored ribs,,,, 2 hours later he ended up in er and we all were scared... back to main story, we are all sick, no easter dinner ect. but IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired... that what we all keep saying,,, it goes from flu like, to bones acking, to ears burning, to caughing ect. now dont tell,,,, we are not drinkers. I love wine, and apple drinks were introduced to me last year.. so yummy but we dont drink... last night i asked anyone to go get us a bottle of wiskey...
    it was 13.00 for a small bottle.. somehwere in my brain i remember my grandma doing whiskey, lemon juice and honey.
    I poued a half of cup of whiskey, lemon juice, honey, heated her up in te old microwave and I drank it. I was out shortly...but honey when i did wake up the caughing from the breakout was unbearable.... lORD HAVE mercy..... so I am not sure i did the correct thing... my ears are still on fire.... but each day i keep thinking i will feel better....
    you are so right... everyone saty away from anyone,,,

DEni... why , what happened that they admitted him???
    Susan did get her box,,,, she was so jazzed. She did not know it was from us.... susna is very specail and we did it just to bless her.... we were one over and deni sent to her and someone else sent to dent... dirtpig. she emailed me to see what was up... knowing susan tho we will all get a box in the mail from some tropicial somehting.... shes a goer that girl

JO>>>>> I forgot about your dahlias,,, I have them...boxing up... i work up in the middle of the night and REMEMBERED JO!!!!! please email and tell me hopw many... was it 40????

OTher girls yours on on way... needing to hear from debbie... angie wait to you see your box... tryed to save you on shipping,,,, so tape became our best friend...
    mellissa, I barely got yours in box
    so yours is price plus 7.70

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    NOONE picked the winning number... no one.... plus we have not heard from joey.... so i dont know what to do..... help marea..... we have got to give joey his chances to pick.... ideas????
    back to bed.... zzzz love yah

• gaygay
    19 years ago

Me too canna dont have a clue ,...gay

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Good Morning everyone!

I think I really missed something too????? I don't have a clue????? Is someone upset with DP? I still love you DP...You're the best trader!

Sorry some of you have been sick! email...(((hugs)))

On a happier note we had several days of spring here and I got alot done outside...even made a new hosta bed. I forgot what hard work gardening can be...I am so stiff and sore today, LOL! Today is another story....cold windy and RAIN! My daylilies are just peeking thru and looks like they are about all accounted for! I lost a couple of tags tho so will have to see the blooms before I know what they are :( A few hostas eyes are coming thru too. What is up... seems too early for zone 4!

Time to go back to work! Everyone SMILE....Spring is in the air! MaryS

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

OH, MUMMY!! NO ONE GOT THE #?, SIMPLE, SEND THE PACKAGE TO JOEY

rm

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Gloria and Deni - Keep that flu bug in Georgia and Mississippi. Don't want it, Don't want it. Do hope you get better. Take care of yourselves.

The last time I got the flu my husband drove me to the doctor's office and I could not even go in and sit UP in a chair. I laid down in the car and he came and got me when they called my name. I almost froze in the car, when DH came to get me I said hold on I may be dead and don't know it yet. Don't ever want that again.

Do any of you do yard sales? I'm getting yard sale fever.
    I love Yard Sales. A bunch of us from here load up and go to Atlanta, Georgia to yard sales. We average going twice a month when they crank up. I use to live in Atlanta and I know where all those subdivisions are. I look them up on line and then I know which area to go.

Shirley

• mareas
    19 years ago

There IS no problem - somebody was feeling bad that their box hadn't arrived by Easter but the box is on the way!
    Dearest dirtpig, please tell 'em!

Deni - Glad you're plants are all well - even if you aren't ~ poor thing!

And remember, I actually LIVED through that flu last November - although I was down a week...

Off to figure out numbers theory with Momma G ~ marea

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

SILOAM

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

number theory, yard sales, and the flu...oh my!

My MIL does yard sales, every saturday all day. we give her a list at the beginning of the season, things we are looking for but don't need new. and by the end of the year she has found everything! we also all give her $1s and quarters for christmas to pay for her habit. She likes to look for things for everyone. SO far we have a tupperware cake carrier on out list.

I feel baad for all of you who are sick. we all had it earlier this winter and it is hell. When nobody gets out of bed in a house of 5 you know it's bad. My mom was coming over to cook and take out the trash and all. If I could come and help you sick ones I would (with the proper protection)

deni get better soon and rest! I hope no one was hurt too badly

canna love the pic of you and the kids...too cute.

dawn i will get that dang plant boxed up this weekend and in the mail...it has been crazy here

DD went for her fist endocrinologist check up since getting her pump. her A1c was 5.6!!!!! She is so jazzed, she has never been lower than 7.2 and that was when she was first diagnosed...Now if we could eliminate her super lows she would be a happy camper, we are all tired of her blacking out!

i played in the dirt today!! just for 5 minutes to get peas in the ground but it was NICE!

Have a nice evening everyone
    MELISSA

• gloriab3
    Original Author
    19 years ago

OH mY gosh.... Please shirley please put lucy and me bears on your garage sale list... I will send a photo for you... I beg you.. this is the sweetest story.

When my boys were growning up husband would take them to the mall to shop for mom..(me) I use to own my own business called wood-n-bears....

so ofcourse I LOVEDDDDDDDD bears... duh... anyway way back then, lucy riggs invented lucy and me bears.... 30 years ago they were expensive to a yung mom who counot afford 10.00 per christmas orderment,,,,

hold on the story is wrapping up....

husband walks into store and they had a after christma sale, the day beofr christmas.... marked way down....
    husband and boys, from boys, bought me six or so... I had fits and FEAR christmas morning... but they all stood there... oh god IAM CRYING>> AND YOUD OF THOUGHT THEY BOUGHT ME DIAMONDS>> THEY WERE SOOOOOOOO PROUD

MOVING RIGHT ALONG>>>>
    LIFE CONTINUED AND WE THOUGHT THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM>>>> @ YEARS AGO MY DAUGHTER FOUND THEM ON EBAY AND BOUGHT ME TWO>>> THUS BRINGING HER INTO THE MEMORY>>>
    I KNOW AM COLLECTIONG THEM FOR HER DAUGHTER>>> WHENEVER SHE HAS ONE>>>>> I mean how cool is that.... so you garage sale people if you see any lucy and me bears pLEASE nab them...

if I have told yall that story before I am sorry,

ok.... we have no winners.... I dont know about joey whats up....

so heres the deal..... girls that picked the number 7 in the first round of picking numbers only....... pick a number and send that number to marea.......
    marea knows what number we are looking for...... marea, no one picked t so keep the same number.... too funny huh! grin

we have got to have a winner because this is driving me crazy..... Ill make everything right wi joey when he checks back in...... maybe his newphew has him roped and tied in his closet... should we go check...?
    back to bed...

DEbbie email me... dahlias await you....

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Hi all, Gloria wanted you to know I stepped into my dog kennel Monday and fell, knee caught me, dogs ran scared them to death,they were afraid I was going to fall on them. no giant boobies to fall on, no one saw me, one leg is a little sore but I am ok. I may have to be a walmart greeter also. how does it pay?My daylillies are up also a lot of tags lost their ink tho. Heard from my pal, I am not forgotten. happy spring all.Carol

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Evening all!

Just got back from baseball practice...DD is orange from head to toe from the clay. DS happy, he got to play second base. It was 84° today! Hello? Where did spring go? I will NOT complain. It is suppose to rain here for the next 3 days. My truck's air conditioner has leaked all of the coolant out so now I gotta get that fixed.

We had awful storms here Sunday evening and into the night. I hate storms during the night.

Glad ya'll liked my bunny family portrait. Anita, I wasn't 'wide open' this time, LOL!

I took my Sago kitty back to the vet this morning for a check up. He is healing well. After the swelling went down, I saw puncture wounds on the back of his head, like the bottom teeth went inside the ear and the upper teeth got the top of his head. Whatever bit him had a big mouth. I got his shots updated today too. When I took him out of his carrier, I found that he had pooped all over himself, GAG! So, I had to clean him up the best I could before he could be examined. Then I had to hold him down with all my strength for the shots. I struggled to get him back in the
    carrier and turned around to talk to the vet, plus keep up with DD. The carrier flips off the exam table and lands upside down with the cat inside!!! I freaked! I turn it back over and pick it up, turning beet red and appologizing to the kitty. The vet then said that he landed feet first, and that he had never seen that happen. The carrier has a big crack on the top now and the vet tried to sell me a new one, LOL! I paid the bill and slunked out of there.

The good news of the day is I found a variegated Hoya compacta at Lowes! 6 inch pot stuffed full for, get this, $5!

Oh, Jo, I found Iris confusa yesterday!!! A nursery out in California had a similar Iris for sale, so I emailed them asking about it and they said that they had confusa, just not listed because they did not have enough. They sold me two pots! The website is allthingsiris.com. Terri is SUPER! All the prices on the website includes shipping.

Angie, I have the code for Brecks somewhere and will email it to you.

Deni, have to tell you about the fern you sent me. I had potted it up when I first got it and last week I decided it was ok to plant out in my shade garden and I found poison ivy growing in it, LOL! Good thing I am not allergic to it! Get well soon!

I hope everyone that has anything gets better. Spring is here, it is not time to have the crud!

I have to mention also that I got a phone call from G this afternoon. I'm telling ya, as soon as I answered, I could tell you were a California girl and not from this neck of the woods! Flu and all. You did sound rough and I hope you get to feeling better.

And, ya'll, she talks just like she types, mispellings and all, j/k!

I brake for yard sales! I had just mentioned to my son while we were out yesterday that it is about time for them, and all I got was a big groan out of him.

Melissa, great news for your DD! Diabetes is a scary thing to have to deal with.

I'll be starting the next thread in a bit.

~Canna

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

Oh, Jo, forgot to mention that I check the hummingbird migration map daily as soon as they start showing up in TX. I have a reminder on my calendar to put my feeders out next week. They usually show up about the second week of April here.

nite all!

~ Canna

• cannahavana
    19 years ago

100!

Just closin' this one out...