SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

4000 send a daylily get a daylily 4000!!!

cannahavana
19 years ago

Hi Good morning all. This round robin is an extention of the wonderful traders who when at all possible trade daylilies. We are waiting again for spring so we can trade. We have the most awesome group of traders, proven, experienced, honest, givng, sharing and awesome loving people. The way into this group is to have traded and proven yourself honest. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recomendation.We'd love to have you!

We are currently doing a box swap which consists of lots of bulbs and goodies... but no live daylilys!

YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Holy cow! 4000 posts and going strong!

Oh, and G, pick up a dictionary too while your there. :)

~Canna

Comments (100)

• mareas
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Deni! Wow, I love you already - I'm so happy you're here.
    You been studying pedigrees of any cultivars?

Every one of my Traveling Daylilies Family - This is a link to the only radio station I listen to if I can help it.
    (I discovered today that I can share my extraordinary local radio station with you)
    http://publicbroadcast.net/jpr/ppr/index.shtml
    If you copy & paste that address into your browser, I think you can eventually listen to my Jefferson Public Radio station - although most of you are 3 hours ahead of me in [what is the word? mean? real? subjective? comparitive?] time - most of the music is wonderful! ~ Ms. I love bulbs too area

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

gay gay you have all the luck with daylilies!!!!!!

A little snow melt today and I saw some green leaves peeking out of the dirt in the front yard. I will have to check the back yard and see if any daylilies are popping their little heads up yet. I hope so, spring is sooo close.

welcome newbies hopefully we will all be trading soon.
    MELISSA

• Related Discussions

3700 send a daylily get a daylily 3700

Q

Comments (1)
    OOps that is suppose to be 3800...starting new thread...
    ...See More

4100 send a daylily get a daylily 4100!!!

Q

Comments (100)
    Morning all, and HAPPY SPRING!!!!!! Yet another awesome weekend here in the TN valley with sun and mid-sixties! Y'all come down south and stay a spell, LOL! Loving the pics, keep them coming. I should have my secret pal's box ready to be shipped today! Also, those who are wanting Hellebore seedlings, I should have them dug and ready too. I'll give you a hint on who my secret pal is...s/he does NOT live in Tennessee :). Hi Cody! I am an orchid novice, so I am feeling out what grows best for me in my home conditions. I have had a phal and a dend/phal NOIDs for around 18 months and have been unable to get them to rebloom. I also have: Onc Dgmra. Winter Wonderland 'White Fairy' New ones on Friday: Ascda. Pralor 'Barbara Elmore' HCC/AOS that has red/orange bloom Epiden. 'Pixie Princess' H&R Epi. Veitchii Bulbophyllum pulchellum 'El' So, you see, I am kind of all over the place. The epi is in spike and I am excited!!! Jean, bird-bird looks great contrasting with your red walls! Beautiful bird! Dawn, you have a cutie baby bird too! I want a bird!!!! Trops, yes, I do have the plant that shoots seeds, Dorstenia. I do have Stuttgart, but I just got it last year, many thanks to both Marea and Susan for it! If it multiplies well, I would be happy to share. Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. Add another pound to that! Or, should I say subtract another pound from me, LOL! I am eating normally now, just not sugar. I even bought a big bag of M&M's for my pal and it didn't call out my name. I have been eating Blue Bunny ice cream, the carb-free or sugar free varieties and I can't tell. I ate peanut brittle ice cream last night, YUM! OK, better get busy. I have a "Yeah, I'll get too it" list a mile long for today. I have been up for 4 hours already and have gotten zip done. Y'all have a wonderful day full of love, laughs, and sunshine! Life is good... ~ Canna
    ...See More

4900!!! Send a named daylily - get a named daylily

Q

Comments (100)
    Hello all, Got a few pictures to share...Yea I got it figured out. Isn't it kewl..love my garden junk..lol...DH felt sorry for me..Ya see I was working and fell and kinda of hurt a rib and my fore arm..Really really nice bruising going on..Not to worry with a few meds all is fine..as long as the meds don't wear off..LOL..Trellis is what your looking at by the way..the black rod iron..he sanded,painted and put it together for me..Have an clematis going up it ..hopefully I just love this..Hopeing to grow some tpye of vine up this too..so it looks like an umbrella..Please don't look at the mess behind it..Was a deck there..took it out last year and haven't gotten around to do anything there yet.Heve to move my close line and then move around alot of the gardens..Then just put down some slate..ya ya thats all..LOL and YES I want my close line BACK.. Sorry this isn't the best picture..first time it's bloomed for me.Only know it as an Trout lily. Yes we behind all of you..thats zone 4..LOL Can't you just smell them..Hummm..spring..=) Anita ..Hugs hun...hope all works out for you.. LOVE,just love the window.Now just have to figure out where I can put one..=) Pictures are great..love seeing everyones gardens and blooms.
    ...See More

NEW: Send a Named Daylily-get a new daylily swap

Q

Comments (2)
    I'm not sure how I should do this but here I go: I would love any of these daylilies: Susan Weber, Spiny Sea Urchin, Geneva Firetruck,Chance Encounter, Wish Fulfillment,Fourty Second Street, Sea Urchin, Paper Butterfly. Anything frilled, ruffled or teethed, diamond or gold dusted..Any Spacecoast (Well I can dream can't I)? As far as what I can send...I'll wait until others sign up so I know what they want and can send whatever I have that matches up. If I'm not doing this right....flowersandbirds4ever please let me know. I couldn't figure out how you would be able to match up wants if we didn't list them here? Budsnblooms
    ...See More
  • jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Ditto the welcome Deni! Happy to have you here in daylilyland. ;-)

Gaygay, I'm happy for your good luck, maybe we'll get a chance to trade for some of those beauties someday. I know you're doing a happy dance!

Well, it's back to work tomorrow to make more money for plants. I've bought several types of lilies, some glads, tuberoses, a couple of different tall phloxes, peruvian daffodils and elephant ears in the last week or so. I can't wait to plant them!!! Yippee, it won't be long now til spring. Already my daylilies are peeping their little green heads up and daffs are blooming.

Nite all,

Nancy

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

hubby,and,i,were,in,our,yard,and,we,saw,hundreds,of,little,green,things,popping,up......i,cant,wait,to,see,all,the.daylilies,from,last,year,,,so,many,new,fans.popping,up.....
    so,much,other,stuff,popping,up?did,i,plant,that?????hubby,says,i,cant,wait,to,get,out,here,and,work,like,WE,use,to!!!Thats,my,man!!!!!!!

I,am,off,tuesday....going,to,hit,everystore...havespring,fever,bad....

friend,of,my,daughters,and,her,boyfriend,was,murdered,two,nights,ago,...party,anger,ran,him,over,boy,died,22,years,old.....his,death,effected,all,of,our,town.i,was,in,thejail,as,they,were,trying,to,get,everyone,to,tell,the,truth.....self-defense,or,murder.....22,kids,saw,it....THANKGOD,mine,were,not,there.Thankgod!prayersfor,both,families.
    you,know,i,keep,waiting,for,new,keyboard,to,come,in,mail........hasnt,happened!!

Its,cool,gay....im,ready,when,you,are!
    guess,what........marea,is,getting,her,seeds,sent,to,her,...shocking,i,know,to,those,along,with,her,have,been,waiting,since,oct!

I,am,so,happy,to,see,yall,posting,again.....yep....its,almost,time,to,start,diggin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anita,i,will,forward,new,addresses,to,you.....monday,morning
    sat.night,i,got,14,calls.....14!!!!!!!have.people,lost,their,minds!!!!
    well,goodnight,all........goodnightsusan,whereever,you,are!

• gaygay
    19 years ago

GLORIA SORRY ABOUT YOUR TOWNS LOSS SO SAD,PRAYERS GOING UP!NANCY I WANT SOME OF THOSE LIMELIGHT THINGS .NOT SUREWHAT THEY LOOK LIKE WHAT CAN I SEND U FOR SOME IMK GAY

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

cindyo,they,are,on,their,way!!!

Hey,canna,how,about,emailing,everyone,about,the,wonderfull,deal,on,stargazers!!!!big,grin!
    yes,thanks,for,the,information,on,the,other,site!you,did,good,girl!
    (((((m)))))))
    catbird,i,got,your,"CARD",this,weekend,THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

angie....can,i,switch,names,with,you..?(love,my,BULBS,is,her,name!)lol!
    have,a,good,day,xox

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Hello everyone!

Just got back from a vacation down south in the nice warmth. Man am I tired of snow. I love that tropical feeling. DH & I are talking about moving south and we found of all things.... a garden center for sale outside of Charlotte, NC. I want it bad. We'll have to see if we can swing it! By the time we get it though, it would probably be too late for the spring rush :(.

Deni - welcome aboard! Wow and I thought I was a serious gardener! Watching all those new seedlings bloom must be amazing!

Gloria - so sorry to hear about what happened. Sounds very scary and disturbing. Oh have you figured out a partner for me for March?

Gay, that must have felt like a second christmas getting all those daylilies!

Melissa, do you have any crocuses blooming? My father's have already finished. I don't see any but that might because I moved them all and now can't remember where I put them.

Jo, the daylily mecca sounds like fun!

Anita - I didn't get it?

Cathy - Did you get my box? You may have posted, but I would have missed it while I was on vacation. Hope that you liked it! I love the box you sent me. How are things going with your health and Julie?

Cindy - welcome back!

I know I missed hello to some other newbies :( Welcome everyone! I missed lots of posts while on vacation and I don't know when I'll get to all. I have a new part time job that's only going to keep me busier. I'm tutoring kids for Math and if my boss has his way, I'll be working six days a week. Yes it is part time - some of those days would only be 2-3 hours.

Anita - hows that cute little baby doing? Are DS and the mother settled into parenthood fully now?

Ellen

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone. had a somewhat decent weekend. Borrowed a tiller and dug up a huge new bed. Have to get ready for all of the new bulbs we bought. Put in a small pond also, I sure hope this turns out okay. For some reason it looks so blah! I guess because there is no plants around it.
    Nephew was pretty good this weekend, except for some small things. LOL i forgot how odd it is having a teeneager in the house. Doesn't want to clean his room or do anything in the gardens. How freaky is that? Is this child really my nephew or has some pot smoking alien freak kidnapped my nephew? Heaven forbid! I must call the priest in the exsorsize him. If he burns and begins spitting pea soup, he is an alien!
    Odd how many times a day I hear ," JoJo, can I" and it usually ends in'" some money" or "go to____ house". LOL I guess I just need to remember to pray for patience! Does anyone have anything stronger than my 20 mg PAXIL? LOL
    Well spring is almost here! I ahve hyacinths, daffs, iris and ipheon blooming there little heads off. I love it!@@@@ Joey

• tropsanddune
    19 years ago

HELLO AND GOOOOOOOD EVEEEENING EVERY ONE...

A NICE, WARM WELCOME TO OUR NEWBIES--CAROL AND DENI, YOU WILL FIND THAT WE ARE A VERY CRAZY AND HAPPY LOT, JUST ASK
    THE BIG BEAR.

'NITA---SEND THEIR ADD...

JUST A BRIEF NOTE: I WILL BE UNDER, FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE WEEK. MEANING, MY NOSE WILL BE ON THE GRIND STONE, FROM THE TIME I COME HOME, TILL TESTING TIME, SAT. MAR 12.

FOR THE MAR BOX..THIS LEPRECHAUN WANTS TO KNOW WHAT SIDE OF THE WORLD YOU ARE FROM. WHY??? I DON'T EVEN KNOW...JUST PUT SOME SALSA IN YOUR TUNA. LOL--TRY THAT ONE ... IT WILL MAKE YOU GO UGGGHHHHHHH !!!!!!

THANKS A BUNCH, JOEY-SAN...grasshoppa

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all.

Welcome, Deni!

Been away for a few days. My Mom has been under the weather and have been tending to her. She is feeling better now.

I need to go back and reread posts to catch up. I did see some long lost names! Hi Ellen, CindyO, Janet and RM!

If anyone has emailed me in the past couple of days, I will get back to you.

Jo, I have been trying to plan a trip to Mecca for the past 5 years. Never have time or money! Hey, we can all camp out at RM's, LOL!

~ Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Morning everyone

We had a gorgeous sunny day yesterday with a high in the 60's. Every last snowflake had finally melted. Ahhhhh, I was in heaven UNTIL.....woke up to 3 inches of snow and temps. in the 20's this morning! Not fair!

I got a call from the golf course yesterday and they are ready for me to come back to work. I will probably get started in about 3 weeks. I hope the weather starts to improve before then.
    I also got a call from one of my clients with a referral. I got the job, and it is a great one! It's lawn care and maintaining a few flowerbeds at a farm. I won't have to take care of the fields or anything, just the few acres around the house.
    I am going to be giving some of my clients "the boot" as well. I have a few that either don't like to pay me, or they are kind of far away. I have enough work that I can now "pick & choose". I hate to give them the bad news because they really seem to like my work. Heck, I'd love it too if I didn't have to pay for it! I guess I have just been too "nice".
    Looking out the window at all the snow makes it hard to believe that I'll be back on my machine again soon. I can't wait. All I need are my headphones and a bottle of water, and I'm good to go. I find so much peace out there in all that grass!
    DH is not looking forward. I leave so early in the morning and he has to fend for himself. He'd rather have me here, laying out his clothes, making coffee, and fixing his lunch. He'll just have to get over it. I do worry a bit though, 'cause he is forgetful and I never know what to expect when I get home. Last summer, he would leave and forget to close the garage door. Meanwhile, my house would be wide open for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to waltz right in.

Nice to see your posts Ellen, Cindy, Janet, and RM.

RM, I have to ask about the tuna & salsa. It's soooo wierd 'cause DH had a request the other day for "lettuce wraps with tuna & salsa". I thought that sounded horrible, but he ate them. PS: Take some time for yourself. : )

Canna, hope you mom is feeling better.

Jo, the Mecca trip sounds so fun. I'd love to go, but May is my busiest month out of the whole year. It's hard to plan things when you have 2 business' to run and a "regular" job on top of that. I looked up the website and it seems like it would be a blast. How many days is it?

Ellen, BUY IT!! I'll go in 1/2's!

Gay, thanks again for all the DL's. That was such a great deal. It cost me $2.00 and I have 20 pots of DL's in the greenhouse. There were extra fans in each pack!

Well, it's back to the basement for me today. I am going to be starting many of the seeds that Jo sent me, along with quite a few others.

Hope you all have a great day,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• abitodd
    19 years ago

Good Afternoon All,

Canna, Hope your mom is feeling much better

I want to thank all of you for the warm welcome. I am off to the greenhouse to try to move a few things out so they can get some real sunshine. I think I might use this nice cool day to try to get a few more Trillium dug and moved up to the house. The snakes will be sleeping today I hope. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. If all of you are as wonderful as Canna and Dawn...I am gonna be right at home here. Again thank you all for the warm welcome and I can not wait to get started trading.

Deni
    abitodd

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Hi All,
    Just a quick check in here, so no one call's out a posse on me:)

Mamma G,
    Sorry to read of your town's lose,

Canna, Deni,
    I need Deni's info for the master list, Please,

Joey,
    I thought the same thing about my son, when he hit 2, Life is better now that he is 21, but what a rough road it was!! Nope no paxil, I have kept my duck's in a row on my own:)

Ellen,
    Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Jo,
    I love the Mecca idea, but I know if we did go, it could only be for 1 week, Have some major deciding to do on what ones to go see:) David & I have been talking about going back to Florida for another vacation, so maybe:)

Spent another wonderful day yesterday with my Mister Man:)He will be 3 month's on Friday
    {{gwi:1253600}}
    I think he is getting sick of my camera, Off to clean the house, will catch up any I miss later, :)Anita

• mareas
    19 years ago

11 days till Spring!
    Heads up to Janetlee and Shirley: Christmas & trade boxes on their way!

(((big hug for Canna)))

Jean - Your Clematis and Peony are just gorgeous, hope I can tend mine to look as nice one day!

My plums and rose of sharons are blooming and I'm constantly sneezing LOL! Now I'm allergic to Spring? I'm happy to report that all but one of my daylilies made it through the winter - poor 'Mini Pearl' succumbed.

Deni - Every ONE of these people are very kind and fun & real (but they let me stay & post wierd stuff anyway) and after reading 1000 or so of these posts they'll feel like your family...

No March boxes yet? ~ Marea

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

March boxes? Is it March already, it feels like January here! We got it too Dawn, but more ice than anything else. Yesterday I ate my lunch outside, it was 68, today by noon it was 28 with 30 mph winds and snow. Drove home in blowing ice, poor visibility and am glad to be home! everything is covered with thick ice.

sunflowers that marea sent me last year are sprouting. I am so excited! also have some yellow cherry tomatoes, 4 o'clocks and scarlet runner bean sprouting away

time for jammies & slippers
    melissa

• marybz5ny
    19 years ago

Good Morning Daylily Buddies,

Welcome to Carol and Deni. As Marea said, you are among some awesome people here and will feel at home and loved very quickly.

Oh Anita, your little guy is just growing up so fast. Wasn't it just like yesterday that we were all guessing due dates and looking at pictures of the pumpkin belly?!!! He's a real cutie!

Jo, I think I've already told you (but in case not), I'll be at your plant swap in June. I'll supply some of the doorprize gifts also. I did a mapquest and you're just 2 hours away. I vote a big YES on visiting the daylily nursery and iris hybridizer. Is the daylily farm you're talking of Grace Gardens? I have wanted to go there for the past 5 years and have not made it there yet. June 25th would be prime daylily blooming time!

Canna, thanks so much for the heads up on Brecks. I ordered the same two lilies that you did. Just love those lilies!

Well, we got teased by that nice warm day on Monday also (ofcourse I had to work). It was 54 here on Monday and just 14 on Tuesday with bitter cold winds. Today is supposed to be even colder - 0 degrees. Hard to believe that Spring is so close and we're geting temps like this. At least we know there's an end in sight. I just want the snow GONE and to see a few bulbs poking up.

Was off from work yesterday so I bopped around to Lowes, Target and Walmart looking at gardening things. Lowes and Walmart are finally getting a few bulbs in. Target has some really nice gardening things in this year. Oh, I have Spring fever BAD!

Well, time to get started with the day. Have a good one and stay warm everyone.
    MaryB

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Good Morning everyone,

What happened to the warmer weather in the Northeast???? It went down to 1.7 here last night (no the decimal place is not in the wrong spot:( Is that God's way of telling me to mooooovvvvee south? DH & I are seriously considering it right now.

Carol - I know I missed you in the last post - alright, I know I'm a little behind.... but welcome aboard!

Joey - I just read the bit about your nephew and the moomoo - too funny! Did the threat work???? Would you actually go through with it?

Anita - Your Mister Man is getting cuter and cuter. Give him a hug and kiss for me.

Gloria - please let me know who my partner is. Is it still Gay? When do we send the March boxes out? Now?????

Mary - Isn't it hard hearing from the folks in warmer climates about their spring gardening activities & purchases? I was hoping spring would come early - like NOW! It has in the past but instead it's cold cold cold! YUCH!

Ellen

• mary_s
    19 years ago

Good morning all my daylily friends!

Welcome to our newest member, Deni! Looking forward to getting to know you and Carol!

I am holding off on sending the March package. It is very cold here again and looks like my swap partner has it cold too.

Shirley, The canna seeds are just starting to sprout. I can hardly wait to see all those babies! How long should I wait before I plant them in potting soil?

Joey, you should see those daylily babies from the your seeds!!! They are really growing!

Marea...Sorry your Mini Pearl did not make it. I do have that one and could probably send you a new one (in a couple of months) if you want, LMK

Anita, What a cutie!

Welcome back Ellen

RM...good luck on your big test!

Well better go to work! MaryS

• TakingRoot
    19 years ago

Good Morning Daylily Family,
    Been trying to catch up on all the posts I've missed....

A BIG WELCOME TO THE NEW ADDITIONS IN THE FAMILY!

Been working 12-14hrs a day, so not much time for anything else but I still try to get out in the garden a few hrs. on the weekend between catching up on housework and the grands....

The post about the Moo-Moo....I almost fell out my chair from laughing so hard.

Dirtpig~ I'm trying my hand a passiflora's...(seeds), I love how they look but no luck on germination yet! I would love to have a few heliconia's for my tropical bed! I can't wait to see how big my musa gets this season, I was able to get a few new hosta's in my hosta bed!

G~ I'm sorry to hear about your town's loss!

Jo~ hope your mom is doing better!

Anita~ your grand is growing so fast, and just as precious as ever!

Gay~ what a find on the DL's.

Canna~ sorry to hear about the accident, truly hope they are doing better!

Sorry if I missed anyone....

Well off to work.....

EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE HUMP DAY!

Jaye

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Good Morning All, thankyou all for your welcomes, My prayers are with those who need them, seed trading pal, seeds are in mail, Gloria, I need a pal, bulbs want to fly.
    daylillies are popping up all over the place. I tried digging one for a local swap, it looked like five fans, when I was done they were all broke off but one, which I gave away, so no more big smile for me. oh well I will have to learn how to dig. I have the perfect pair of slippers to go with that moo moo, will post pic soon. everyone get outside and take in a big breath of that fresh air
    be well

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Oh, oh!! Who had the 'special' slippers a while back. You know the 'once a month' slippers????? LOL!

Be back later, got a big box of goodies to pot up *big grins*

~ Canna

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok, I'm back for a minute...

I decided to mount my long suffering phalenopsis orchid. It has needed repotting forever, so I found this nifty little item to mount it on.

{{gwi:1253601}}

Anyone know what it is?

No, I did not steal the springs off Doug's old Chevy...that was his first guess.

I bought it at Lowe's today.

~ Canna

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Ok, here they are a definant match for that moo moo

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Canna, I said aloud, "it looks like a car spring!" then I read your comment about what Doug said. too funny!! That's my only guess.

Last night I posted and when I came in today from work it was still on that page. I backed up to the round robin page and came back to this thread and my post was gone. I guess I forgot to hit submit. I do that ALL THE E#(# time! grrrrrrr

Anita, I love little D's shirt, can't imagine who bought him that one. ;-)

I was walking around outside yesterday and found some snowflakes that I thought had croaked. *big smile* About half of my daylilies' labels have faded and I don't know what they are. I'll have to post some pics when they bloom and let you all help me relabel them. I can supply a list of which ones I have so maybe that will help along with me researching on google. I used permanent markers but it didn't work. I also used the label maker with the silver labels and some of them I can read and some I can't. My secret pal bought me a plant marker so maybe that will work. Mine wasn't made for plants so that could be the problem. Lots of daylilies popping up everywhere. Several kinds of daffs blooming now. I'm loving it!

It was really pretty here too and yesterday and today it's gotten cold again. We only got rain though, no snow.

I went to Fred's discount and they had packages of bulbs 4 for $5.00. I bought some mixed crocosmia, glads, elephant ears and some lilies. Pretty common plants but I was happy with that price! I usually go to several different Fred's since they don't always have all the same bulbs.

Went to the Flea Market yesterday and got me a keyboard for $5. I guess it's my week for $5 bargains. lol

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Nancy

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

gay gay lots of fern over on the plant exchange page...maybe for next years flower sale?

nancy send that keyboard to g so she can have spaces between her words!!

anita that is one cute little baby. i know why you beam...keep taking pictures

still windy and cold and no signs of spring except for the forsythia i brought in last week to force

MELISSA

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi eveyone

Canna, Of course I know what that is! It's a "Critter Corn Holder". Well, that's what I call it. I've got a few of them and you put an ear of dried corn inside for the wildlife to enjoy. The squirrels especially. Great idea for the orchid!

Anita, how sweet that little guy is! Love his little T-shirt.

Melissa, this weather stinks. The sun came out today, but it was still in the 20's.

Nancy, I've been using small river rock to mark all my plants. I just write with a Sharpie, then place the stone at the base of the plant. It has worked very well so far. No fading. I'd show you some pics, but they are all buried under the snow.

MaryB, I went to Target today. I was just browsing. I love all the Asian-themed garden things. Very pretty colors. My gardens are so "country", and I like to do an area that has that type of feel to it.

I bought one of their 10' x 10' gazaebo's last year, and it is installed on my pool deck. I was thinking of maybe doing it up with an Asian feel this year. I wanted to create a relaxing area outside that would be very private where I could do my Yoga. Believe me, no one wants to watch that!

I never asked if any of you do Yoga?

Carol, yep, great match! What do you think Joey?

MamaG, where are the pics of your yard?

Susan, you are in my thoughts, and I hope all is well.

Jaye, nice to hear from you. 14 hours a day, sheesh! Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Deni, I can't remember if I already asked, but how big is your greenhouse? Mine is tiny, approx. 10' x 20'. When I built it I figured it would be plenty big. HA! I still love it though.

Did anyone hear about Bubba the Lobster here in Pittsburgh? Poor fella.

Well, on that sad note I'm off to night night.

~mamabirrd

Here is a link that might be useful: Bubba the Lobster

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Sorry, here's the right link.
    ~mamabirrd

Here is a link that might be useful: Bubba the Lobster

• luvmybulbs
    19 years ago

Hi all

Would any of you guys be interested in ordering tall phlox.
    If I can get 9 people to go in on this, they would each get 10 different named varieties for roughly $20 for 10 plants. These would be bareroot, I would be getting them wholesale. I have never ordered bareroot plants from this company but the bulbs have always been nice. Also the money would cover shipping to me and then to you. So if anyone is interested please email me.

And yes it is freezing here too. It was so nice Sunday and now it is brrrr.

I do have some striped crocus and a few daff's blooming, will post some pictures when I get outside to take pic's.

Spring is in the air.

Take care

Angie

• abitodd
    19 years ago

Dawn,

My little old green house is about 10 x 20 but then I have moms down the road with is about 15 x 20 so one way are the other I will find a place to sholve things...lol I also bought 2 industeral stainless steel shelves that are good for 600lbs per shelf. I have been moving a little out everyday...I am trying to get to feeling better as we have the big Garden extravaganza this weekend here and I am hoping to get my hands on some cool plants for the garden.

Deni

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Morning all! LOL Funny how I never seem to post as much as I had. : ( OH well.
    Have so many things blooming here! I will take some pics tonight and post tomorrow. IRis, calla lilies, ipheon, daffs and everything spring!
    Joey

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Morning all!

Dawn, Critter Corn Holder is my cousin, along with Cup and Pot.

I figured you would get it, or Dirt Dirt. Anybody that feeds the critters. I had never seen them before yesterday. I saw over on the orchid forum someone had used the suet cages for mounting and could not find one with the holes big enough and found these corn holders. My condolences to the Bubba (RIP).

Nancy, none of my daylilies are labeled. Doug and I have a map of our gardens and all of the locations on the map are numbered and then listed by name with corresponding #. I like Dawn's idea too.

Deni, you ain't seen nothing yet! This group sends awesome boxes. Emailing you.

Carol, that is an adorable signature! Love the little frog guy.

Anita, Mister Man's (M&M:) shirt is perfect!

Speaking of M&M's... Deni, Carol...one of the requirements here is that you must really love M&M's and/or chocolate. And, you must send a big bag to Gloria, LOL, J/K!

Hi Jaye, Angie, MaryS and MaryB!

Joey, my brother, the toad lillies that you sent me are sprouting! Post pics of your flowers!

I went to a website Buried Treasures yesterday just to browse what they had to offer this year. Ended up placing an order, ugggh! Doug just placed a $100 order with a local nursery that is selling out by the clump. She advertised on the daylily robin and she is already sold out on pre-orders. We barely got in. We pick them up next month.

G, how are things? Email me when you can.

~ Canna

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

a
    hi
    this
    will
    be
    short...
    yes,
    all
    new
    hearts
    MUST
    send
    m and
    m's
    to
    me
    NOW>>>>>>>>>>>
    life
    is
    raining
    lemons
    need
    SUGARnow

all
    partners
    have
    recieved
    names
    ALL
    ellen...partner was

asecret
    so
    glad
    NOT
    GAY!
    grin
    nancy
    thats
    MY
    keyboard...
    have,plenty,more,to,say,but,at,this,rate,is,it,really,worth,it?????who,said,no,???to,the,corner!
    anita,baby.....sooooooo.cute...ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!I
    want
    one....
    if
    anyone
    is
    confused
    about
    their
    partner
    please
    feel
    free
    to
    emai,me,only,after,chocolate,has,been,sent!

rmemeber!!!!when,the,box,for,you,comes,you,must,post,it...YOU,are,their,entry,to,the,contest!!!!YOU are...so dont disapoint,them...as...it...may...efect,you!

Where,has,this,month,gone.....
    hugs
    to
    all

love,g

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

ELLEN......

READ the rules for the march swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love gloria (((((((((((E))))))))))

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

G, we should have known you'd finally figure it out---even you----LOL. Pretty cool, one word to a line sure beats all those commas.

Ugh, I got called in to work at midnight last night so I came home this morning at 8:30. Yay! got a day off, boo too tired to do anything! lol Just got up and it's cool outside but the sun in shining and beautiful. I can't wait for tomorrow at 4:00.

• janetlee50
    19 years ago

Jingle bells jingle bells ..jingle all the way....It was Christmas at my house today. Sweet Marea sent me a Christams fgift of some of her special dayliles from her garden! Thank you so very much Marea.....don't worry they will get lots of love from me Janetlee

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

that marea is a sweetie!!

i
    have
    a email
    that
    i want
    to
    go
    out
    to
    you
    all
    but....
    then
    id
    have
    to
    type....so.....ill....spare...yall....xoxox

• jaceysgranny
    19 years ago

Have any of you ever used the computer help forum on That Home Site? I just wanted to say that those folks over there are the bestest and so fast; it amazes me at how quickly I get answers. If you ever need any help, give them a try but you have to be a contributing member. That forum has more than paid my membership in stress relief alone. lol Can you tell I'm not very computer savvy? Hope it's ok that I put this on here.

Nancy

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

{{gwi:1253605}}

• veeja11
    19 years ago

cute, yipee I have my first buddy, hi buddy

• ellenh
    19 years ago

Sorry Gloria, I never saw where it said they were supposed to be a secret. I even looked at the last rules posted by Anita. Where was it listed? I probably missed that post.

Ellen

• mareas
    19 years ago

Nancy - Thank you for putting that computer help forum info on here! I'll remember to check in there next time...

In todays mail I recieved what seems like FIFTY PACKETS OF SEEDS from GLORIA! A whole living room floor full! More Morning Glories than will fit on the property, dozens of daylilies - it goes on and on! When that women sends seeds, she does not fool around. And, I was vastly gifted with STARGAZER LILY bulbs, which got I planted in a 12" pot tonight. Thanks dearest G.

Started a new temp (30 days) job today: making components for a kit for dentists to make impressions for dentures and then packaging them up and boxing for shipping. I am covered with varnish and plastic dust and exhausted. But I was called "Sweetheart" by the boss and they want me to show up again at 7AM.

Remember all that snow means more daylilies...Marea

• mareas
    19 years ago

I'm a Maxine type ~ Sweet Marea "sweetheart" Sweeten

• Joeypack
    19 years ago

Good morning everyone! For the first time in a few weeks, the last two days have been without drama!!!! YEAH
    Will take some pics of the stuff we have blooming today. Have started a pond too! Looking forward to this weekend. Saturday is going to be 80 degrees!!!!!!

• gloriab3
    19 years ago

YOU guys put asmile on my face everytime....but todays was even bigger!!

ADDITIONAL CONTEST POINTS...ding ding ding....SOMEONE EMAIL THIS OUTTO ALLOFUS..ANDME.....5POINTS

DURNING THE NEXT 72 HOURS I WANT YOU TO BE NICE TO SOMEONE. i WANT YOU TO THINNNK IT THRU....AND, THEN,PURPOSELY,DO,IT...... POST HERE BY THE END OF MONDAY NIGHT......THIS CONTEST IS FOR NAMED DAYLILIES! looking FOR ACTION PLUS REACTIONS.....NO OTHER RULES.

from here on out....ALL GOOFS COST YAH!!!!!!points!!

ALSO.....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY DAHLIAS?lots?XOXOXG

• veeja11
    19 years ago

I cooked breakfast for dh does this count ? I have a few dahlias.

• becdav
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone and Nice to meet you new angels!
    Sorry Im not posting as much. I sure have been missing it. With school, (still taking 15 hours), work and my idiot ex I've had my hands full. Finally got through that minor surgery and now feel like I can tackle anything--bout time! Can't wait til May when I'll finally have my degree. Now if I can only find a job that will pay what I'm worth! :)
    Looking forward to this months trade! Need something just for me! Love all the pics of pretty bloomers you all have, keep them coming! Have daylilies popping up everywhere, so exciting! Can't wait til Spring!
    xxxooo's to all,
    Becky

• nyvoices99
    19 years ago

Hi All,

This is not good, at 10:04 am, I tried to send a mass E-mail to all of the above post from Mamma G, it would not go, I also E-mailed Mamma G & asked her to tell me what she wanted E-mailed, I have not heard back from her, I don't think my mail is going out at all, THIS COULD BE A BIG PROBLEM FOR THE MASTER LIST!!!!!!!!! I need to add Deni on it!!!

Carol,
    No breakfast will not count, I make DH breakfast almost every morning, & the most I get out of it is a thank you, You would think he would make me breakfast, say once a month? sound's good to me, but I know it will never happen.

I know I have more catching up to do, but I have to run, Have a great day all, :)Anita

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ok, let's see...nice things.

I let my son sleep in today and when he woke up, I told him that I gave him a free day off from school. I got a big hug out of it (psst...school was out today :) Then I took him to the video store and let him pick out two videos to watch on his "day off".

Does having someone do a nice thing for you count?

The mailman(woman) just now brought me a package from our very own mamabirrd! She sent me a replacement bird bath/feeder of the one that broke last week! What can I say...I am all smiles :):):):). I had even went back to Big Lots to get another and they were all gone. I will put this one up until it warms for good this year. I think Dawn deserves quadruple points, G! And, she can have my points too.

THANK YOU DAWN!!!!!

~Canna

• mamabirrd
    19 years ago

Hi everybody..

Canna, you can imagine my excitement the other day when I was at Big Lots and I saw "your" feeder. I felt like I struck gold! You know how Big Lots is, one day it's there, the next day it's gone. I was just hoping that you hadn't gone and got a new one yet. I am so happy to have been able to do a *nice* thing for you!! You deserve it!!

Oh, and of course I got one for my birds too!!

Well, I think I did a NICE thing early this morning for my DH. He was so excited the other day 'cause he "traded" a few beverages with Canna and her DH, Doug. He enjoyed it so much, and starting poking around on the web. Well wouldn't ya' know it......he found a beer trading website. He wanted to trade soooo bad, but of course he's a "newbie" and no one would give him a chance. I was starting to feel sad for him. I kept encouraging him, and finally a nice fella in Colorado offered a trade. DH was thrilled, and came looking to me for help packing and shipping. Well, I "taught" him how to pack everything nicely, and had him even add a note. He was so proud of his 1st trade. And to be extra nice, I told him I would drop it off and pay for the shipping. All $17.50 of it!!! It was quite a heavy box.

I also tried to do something nice for Anita today, but it backfired on me. I was out and about and I saw some Iris rhizomes that were so gorgeous. I immediately thought of Anita a picked up a couple. Came home and checked her "garden" page.....yep, she's got it already! Darn! Oh well, It's the thought that counts! I'm sure I can find a nice spot for them here somewhere.........

Hi Becky
    Glad you are feeling good. That will be so nice to have your schooling finished. May will be here before you know it!

Joey, pics?? We're waiting......

Is is possible to be the Martha type AND the Maxine type??? Actually, I think I always try to start out "Martha" and end up "Maxine". That's okay though.

Marea, you get yourself into so many neat jobs. And then to be called "Sweetheart"! Perfect! It sounds very interesting. Just don't get bit, lol.

Well, I better go cook something. Still Veg. and proud of it.

Have a great afternoon...........~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• marozeckinj
    19 years ago

oh i get to be last! I hope someone is around to restart!

i did a nice thing today...i didn't yell at XDH when he said he couldnt take the kiddies this weekend and wouldn't be able to until April 1st. He has had them once since January, supposed to be every other weekend. It took all I had in me to say "that's ok, they have been very busy anyway" a month ago I would have torn his head off thru the phone :) maybe its the estrogen?? who knows. that doesn't count as something tho. I will purposely do something extra nice this weekend!

have a great weekend everyone!
    MELISSA

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012