SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strictweeper1

can't stop wanting more conifers

strictweeper1
15 years ago

Hi everyone, I just recently joined this forum. I love reading the posts everyday. I learned alot so far about conifers here already. I became interested in conifers about seven (7) years ago when my wife and I purchased our first home. As new homeowners there was plenty to do. After working on the inside we wanted to re-do the landscaping on the outside. The landscape was overgrown and not at all well maintained and we felt it was outdated. We began by removing all the old trees and shrubs and prepping the soil for planting. We went to our local nursery and started looking for new plantings. I loved all of the different textures and colors conifers have. The ones I absolutely had to have first were a hoopsi blue spruce, a weeping norway spruce and a weeping blue atlas cedar. After buying these, over the past six (6) years, I have added quite a few to my collection. Right now I am learning more about the rare and unusual conifers. It seems everytime we take a ride to a nursery I'm wanting to buy another one to bring home! And I know they're not cheap (I feel like a conifer addict). My wife says "honey we have alot of bills to pay, stop spending all your money on trees!" I end sneaking them behind the garage to hide, and then when she's not home in the garden they go. However, I have a small yard and I'm running out of room to plant. So I began purchasing miniatures. Conifers are great!

Also thanks to Dave for the link on posting Pics, I appreciate it. Will start posting some pics soon.

Comments (19)