SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keesha2006

Just can't stop...

keesha2006
16 years ago

Just can't stop gardening.....one last heeve ho before winter rest I guess. It has been so hot for so long, that my garden interest has been mostly to just water hanging baskets mostly and enjoy on trips back and forth into the air conditioning. But it cooled off this last week finally and I found myself with renewed interest again. Some things I wanted to do in the fall but just had not gotten to because of the heat got done this weekend and it feels good. I pulled the tomatoes and cukes out and pitched the plants. Can you believe the 13 of October and I was still getting tomatoes and cukes and even zukes. I pulled them out because I was tired of them, not because they were done. I also hate the taste of tomatoes when the evenings get cool. The acid seems to rise in them and the skin gets tougher so it was time for them to go. This fall weather was unbelievable this year. And if that was not enough, I got out the shovel and moved some day lily..actually quite a few...and then I moved a huuuuuuggge hunk of hosta that I have wanted to move all summer, divided it up a bit and planted it. Then I got out the lopers and tree trimmed..or has my hubby commented...lightened up our privacy between the neighbors. I assured him by spring it would be heavy again. He seemed concerned...:) Then I had a wheel barrow full of bricks I had wanted to use as a floor in my garden arbor soon as the zukes were pulled since they sprawled all over this year. So I got the shovel going and laid them down in a nice pattern all ready for next spring. By the time I was done, I felt like I had accomplished more than in the last month. How about anyone else..fall bug or last hurrah hit yet?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz