SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nsdjohn

Don't Miss 12th Annual CCRS Rose Auction!

nsdjohn
11 years ago

Nov. 4 is the date for this year's auction. Once again we have over 200 roses that range from the common to those not offered anywhere else in the US (or even the world). I am really excited by the new dwarf rugosa (http://www.gardenlife.com/store/pages.php?pageid=251&mode=preview) that Ping Lim has donated to the auction.

While this is the main fund raiser for the California Coastal Rose Society, it is also a way of saving many varieties from extinction. I believe that every rose garden has room for at least one rare rose to help ensure the protection of the gene pool for future generations.

Internet bidding is encouraged (www.ccrsauction.com for details and complete list). The society will hold roses for spring shipment to bidders from colder areas of the country should they desire. Last year's winning bids went from $3 to a record high of $275 for a 3' tall Simsalabim in full bloom! There is a much smaller Simsalabim in this year's auction and I believe that the price will also be much smaller.

This year's offering not only has a super selection of OGR's and Japanese roses, it also has a wonderful selection of florist roses for the exhibitor.

CCRS wants to thank Descanso Gardens, Paul Zimmerman. Mike Gleason. Burling Leong, Dr. Joel Ross, Ping Lim, Bob Martin, Ivy Bodin, Kathy Strong, Chris Greenwood, Star Roses and Weeks Roses (I'm sure that I forgot someone) for their generous donations.

Comments (57)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions