SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

My Dearest Friends

When I briefly mentioned to bellegallica at what I assumed would be the end of that post that I would be leaving I never in my wildest dreams expected what has happened since then. I honestly didn't think that the majority of people would notice.

There have been many, many times when I've taken people's comments that weren't quite what I expected with a grain of salt and a shrug of my shoulders. Lately these occasions have thankfully become much less common.

For various reasons I'm not myself right now and much more vulnerable emotionally. What would ordinarily have just annoyed me became more like a knife to the heart. That it came from someone whom I deeply respected and liked so much was really what made me feel it so keenly. Still, I replied in a respectful way and tried to explain my particular situation. In spite of that, I somehow came to be lumped in with people who feed coyotes who then attack children.

But enough on that subject. It's over and done with. What I really wanted to say is that your posts asking me to stay just totally overwhelmed me. I know, that doesn't include all of you, but that's okay, I wouldn't expect that. I can only say that never in my wildest dreams did I expect such an outpouring of kindness and affection and I don't know of any way to properly thank you. It also made me realize yet again of how very much I care about you in return. I'm afraid to use the word love but right now that's a lot what it feels like.

It was never, ever my intention to make trouble, to force people to take sides, or to create any kind of dissension. I know now that I can't just walk away from people who have opened their hearts to me to such an extent. What I would like is to ask for your understanding. At this time I'd like to take a hiatus from the forum for a while until I'm more myself. I won't be doing anyone a favor to be on the forum until I feel chipper, strong and happy again. I do have to make an exception and answer the question someone asked about Leonie's Apoline since I suspect I'm one of only a few people who has this rose.

For whatever responsibility I bear for having created an upset I ask your forgiveness. That was the furthest thing from my mind. Had I known how this would turn out, Sammie would have remained my darkest secret.

With deepest, sincerest affection,

Ingrid

Comments (30)