SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

A message from Mike

givelittle_getlots
15 years ago

My dearest friends. Mike wrote me a email today and it broke my heart to feel his pain and I cry for him and his beloved Arrant.

He had to make the hardest decission of his life; I am sure. So please my friends. Send out prayers for Mike to give him strength to make it through the night and be strong for Arrant one last night. With sadness I have to let you know that he will take Arrant to the Vet at 2:30 pm :_(( For his last journey here on earth. Again please send your prayers at that time especially if you can.

I know Mike will come back. He needs his friends. We can help him make it through the grieving a little easier. I hope.

Here is what Mike wrote: Please let everyone on the forum know that I miss each of them, love them & I'll be back soon. Definitely going to need a little support. Plants - we'll talk about plants!!!

{{gwi:581513}}From Pictures to share with Garden buddies

Lucy

Comments (24)

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Lucy
    it's good that you heard from mike, but that is heart breaking to hear that news. it must be the worse thing that he has ever had to do.
    our prayers & thoughts are with Mike, Thank you Lucy
    Elizabeth

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

I think Mike chose the right person to go to, at such a difficult time. I feel terrible for him. I do believe that making this tough decision, will, in the end, turn in to a blessing for him. He will always know that he did the right thing for his dear friend. The mourning will be difficult, though, I am sure. I will be thinking of him tomorrow, as I take my Peggy to the vet, to find out what that growth is on her ankle. I feel certain that it is nothing serious. Lucy... you posted the perfect photograph. That may be the prettiest Brug photo I've seen. Direct from heaven.

Bob

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Oh Mike...my heart is breaking, I am truly sorry to hear about Arrant. My thoughts have been with you, and Ill pray you have the strength to get thru the next few days.

Hugs to you, and if you think about doing a memorial garden, PLEASE let me know !

Kym

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Boy Lucy! That's not the kind of message I wanted to hear!...
    Mike, I am so sorry!..Hugs and prayers are on your way..

• knotz
    15 years ago

We are here with you and for you Mike...I pray peace for you at this difficult time.

knotz

• pagrdnr
    15 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this... sending out prayers.
    Thank you for letting us know Lucy.

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Mike I am so sorry to hear that. I know it is such a hard thing to do. Crying for you and praying for you at the same time. When you come back we will talk happy things. Hugs and much love.
    Kristy

• neonposey
    15 years ago

I didn't want to open this message because I knew that was coming. Mike and Arrant will be in my heart and on my mind as I pray for peace for them both.

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Lucy, What a beautiful photo and just perfect for this post. I was hoping things would get better for Arrant or that Mike would be able to spend more time with him. They have and will be in my prayers. Arrant will live on forever in Mike's heart.
    Joyce

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Lucy- Thank you for sharing with us about Mike- we also have beloved pets- & it saddens me to think that some day, I too might have to make a decision about my dear little (Jack Russell) friend Max- I can't imagine the pain Mike is experiencing right now- I am praying for strength for him- Arrant certainly knows that he is loved! So Sad.....
    Kasha77

• honeybunny2 Fox
    15 years ago

Mike, I know what you are going thru, and I want to share a poem, that helped me alot.
    The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
    goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special
    friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water
    and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
    Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
    remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
    and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special
    to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
    and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body
    quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green
    grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
    you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy
    kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and
    you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from
    your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Barbra,

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Lucy, thank you for letting everyone know that Mike
    sent you a message.
    Mike you and Arrant are in my thoughts and prayers, It is
    going to be rough but know that you are doing what is best
    for Arrant, it takes alot of love and a very Big heart.
    We once had a great dane that also had seizures.
    Please come back soon Mike and we will all talk about
    plants and naked trees, there are alot of those in this
    neck of the woods right now....nary a leaf in sight.
    Bless you my friend, much love and Big hugs.

Karen

• hong2007
    15 years ago

Poor Mike! I know exactly how he feel. I have lost one of my dog several years ago, and I still miss the little guy.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So many prayers from us went out for the both of them. But God decided that he wants Arrant with him again.

Barbra I am sure Mike has read it before too and KNOWS all that. After the 4 seizures Arrant had night before last and Mike thought Arrant was not going to make it through the night and it was clear to Mike that he had to make the decisson to give Arrant peace and relieve him of the suffering. I also prayed that God would just take Arrant to him NOW! It might sound bad to some that anybody would pray for that. But it would not make Mike's heart as heavy and broken. But Mike you are doing the right thing for Arrant!

Each and every one of you thank you for being here with me for Mike. That is why this place is so special to me! You all not just have hearts...you show them!!

Mike will bring Arrant home with him to give him a final resting place at home. I have never done a memorial Garden. I only saw the one Kristy made for Mercedes and it is such a beautiful one!

On a lighter note..Karen we could always have Carmen talk about the DDD video she is going to watch soon rofl.

Bob you know my thoughts are with you and Peggy also today! Let us know please.

Lucy

• bonnie12210
    15 years ago

OMG I am so sorry,my heart breaks for Mike,I know how hurt he is and most likly feels his heart will never mend,but in time........Thanks Lucy for letting us know.
    Mike my heart goes out to you and your family during this most heart breaking time,I will continue my prayers for your comfort in knowing that you had his best interest as your top priorty.Hugs Bonnie

• chena
    15 years ago

It is a decision we have had to make a couple of times and there is nothing easy about it..and the hurt never really goes away but as with things in life you choose to continue to move forward...Arrant was very Blessed to have been Mikes baby.. You know they are all treated like Royalty.. Mike was very Blessed to have had the time with such a loyal and loving friend.. My heart is breaking for you Mike.. I will conitnue to keep you in my Thoughts and Prayers...Always!! here for you
    Hugs
    Kylie

• gramsharon
    15 years ago

I, too, send my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time, Mike. I pray the memories you have had with Arrant will give you warmth and support.

Sharon

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

Sending prayers and keeping you in our thoughts here!

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

My prayers are with you Mike. I haven't had to make that decision, but was thinking about how I would feel in the same situation and it would be crushing to me. I'm here in tears wishing I could be of more help to you during this difficult time. I know that Arrant will always have a special place in your heart and you will carry the fond memories with you forever. Know that we will be here to help you. God bless you and Arrant.

Deb

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you Mike. I know this was not an easy decision. Your love for Arrant is evident and that is what makes this harder for you. I will be thinking of you.

Mary

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

I Am Sooo sorry Mike.

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Mike, as much as it must hurt, you are doing the right thing for Arrant. He will no longer suffer, and in time, your pain will lessen. Sorry Mike, and please take care.

• sibhskylvr
    15 years ago

Lucy

Awwwwww! I think I finally found the 'thread' & the picture others have mentioned! Beautiful! I love the way the sun is 'shimmering' through the trees! :)) Awesome!! The words of you & others have again 'touched' my heart! :) Enough said! ('welling-up' here - sorry!)

Love you all!

Mike

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mike I am just so relieved and happy that this message is null and void and it did nothing but show you how much we love you and your family. No sadness with this one any longer!

THANK GOD!

Hugs
    Lucy