SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkat_gw

I'd like your opinion

gardenkat
14 years ago

As some of you know, I moved from Detroit to Guatemala a few years ago. I'm going back for a visit this summer. I will be staying with one of my dearest friends who is eighty two years old. In a phone conversation about a year ago she mentioned that she would like to get a hammock for her garden. I want to bring her a gift and hand made hammocks are plentiful around here. I thought of asking in our next phone call if she is still wanting a hammock, and if so, buying one to take to Detroit for her. I mentioned this to some friends and every one of them thought it was a bad idea because of her age. ¨Why get her something she won't be able to use¨, and ¨I can barely get in and out of a hammock and I'm only in my fifties¨ are only a few of the comments I heard. True, there are lots of other lovely things made around here that I could take as a gift. BUT-personally, I would hate to have someone else make that kind of judgement about me. I'm inclined to trust her to know her own capabilities. If she wants a hammock, I want to give her one. But considering the reactions of my friends, I'm wondering what you all think. Hammock or not?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Unparalleled Design & Dedicated to Quality in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions