SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saxophone_gw

newbie installing new drip system

saxophone
18 years ago

I purchased a house earlier this year. The irrigation system in the back is non-existent. I plan to put in a sprinkler system in the backyard. However, in the very back of the property there is an elevated 2 foot strip of dirt between the lawn and the back fence. I would like to plant some bulbs there and irrigate them using a drip system.

The water source is a house bib coming out of the back wall of the house. There is a concrete sidewalk between the house and the backyard. There are 3 galvanized pipes set into this concrete that lead to pvc pipe buried under the lawn. I plan to branch off a hose from the bib to one of the pipes in the concrete. I would then extend te pvc pipe under the ground to the back of the property where I want to put the drip system.

I know I'll need a filter, valve, and pressure regulator. I would like to put the valve somewhere between the hose bib and the galvanized pipe that goes down into the concrete. Where should I place the filter and pressure regulator? Can I easily convert from the buried PVC pipe at the back of the property to the above ground flexible tubing for the drip system?

Thanks for your advice.

Comment (1)