SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricianat

Embarrassing to say...

patricianat
15 years ago

But, yet another storm blew through my area yesterday while my New Dawn, Awakening, and American Pillar were in full bloom, taking the arbors they were on down and one of them even ended up in the bed of Knockouts about 30+ feet away. They are not really make-shift arbors but were made of cedar,two of which were secured with rebar very deep into the ground, but they are down today. I knew one of them might go because my husband had not secured it as well but they all went so we will have to figure out a way to cut all those roses back in order to get the arbors out. There is NO WAY we can lift the roses and arbors and erect them again. That would be a bloody experience.

I got a report back on my latest losses of Crepuscules and it is a soil-borne pathogen. I am not sure how we will proceed but I am thinking how nice bermuda grass will look in a year or so. I am not sure the fight is worth the look when I can always drive to Petals from the Past in 45 minutes and see the most beautiful display of roses I have ever seen. Their gardens are impeccably well kept and equally beautiful and so well designed. It's just not worth my time to try when I can ejoy seeing theirs and grow grass in my yard. ;-)

Comments (27)