SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
levy_gw

WW Grinder Inc, Chipper/Shredder Question

levy
17 years ago

I have an opportunity to buy a chipper/shredder manufactured by WW Grinder Inc. out of Witchita, Kansas for what I believe to be a reasonable price. The model is a Chippewa 5 and has a 5HP Briggs & Stratton engine driving this thing. It starts and runs very nice, but I have never heard of this make before and it appears in relatively good shape. I am wondering if anyone out there could give me any feedback on this unit. I have first dibs on this thing in an estate sale due to a death of a neighbor and if it's worth buying it, I will, but that will be based on any feedback or information I can get from the help of anyone on this site. I have run a few branches and sticks through it, and was not overly impressed. It seemed like it took a lot of effort to feed the hopper and the branches did not self feed themselves like I was hoping. Is there a trick to making this chipper more effective. The screen is approx 1" circles and it does make a rather fine almost sawdust mulch, but again, it seems to take a lot of effort to feed it. Any help, suggestions, or recommendations is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Leverenz

Wisconsin

Comments (50)