SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanserrackd

Hi there...it's been awhile!

Susan Serra
17 years ago

Time just goes, and I've been away from the forums for quite some time. Spring has really sprung now, and the garden is going crazy, it's very exciting. All my Teas made it through the winter with flying colors. Even Marechal Neil! Maybe this will be the year that I see a bloom??

I had to prune Mrs. B. R. Cant back quite a bit, so we'll see how she liked it. William Morris really looks great, grew quite a bit. I cut down Evelyn to bush size instead of a climber, I thought Hoovb grows it like that. Overall, I pruned nearly everything down further than other years. I'm real curious to see what happens next!

Lady Hillingdon has a few long canes, which is very nice. Crown Princess Margaretta, one of my favorites, is going to be great, I think.

Oh, and I tackled the huge monsters MIP and MPO. It was nervewracking, as it was a ittle tough to know what to cut, but in the end, I think they look much more organized. Can't wait to see if what I did was good or not. All of MPO's canes are roundly pegged and most of MIPs too, although she has a few long, straight ones going on and I just didn't have the heart to prune TOO much. Golden Celebration...cut less than half and thinned out too.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about all your beauties too again. See you around!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus