SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Hi GW GH'ers--been MIA for awhile

rjinga
13 years ago

But I'm back. I guess I inadvertently took a hiatus from my GH since about Christmas last year (I have the HFGH 10x12) It has successfully held up to 3? summers now and the same # of winters. If anyone recalls 2 years ago, I lost some panels that blew out during a nearby tornado (in the Macon area, but we got some fierce winds here too) After this happened, my back, West facing wall had 2 major reinforcements using EMT across each back corner installed, which has saved it more than once!!! other than a few strong winds popping out the clips, it's holding up fine, no apparent UV damage etc.

This past winter it pretty much funtioned as an over wintering home for some tropicals and cold sensitive fruit trees. I did not start any seedlings this year (got caught up in a new venture at our local antique mall, so I've been busy with that since December). I have also been frequenting the home decor forum more than anywhere else. But I wanted to stop by and say HEY!!!

I still have the aluminet 70% shade cloth in place, it stays on year round and works effectively at both heat retention and shade in the summer. I wouldn't really have believed it, but it worked that way.

I have not used fans at all this summer, even though there are plants still inside and doing fine and only used space heaters a few weeks this winter. I am able to open the 4 vents and leave them up all summer along with the doors open too.

It's about time for a spring cleaning but it's been over 100 here for a while and even though inside the GH isnt 100, the humidity will kill ya.

I have missed you guys and hope to hear from a few familiar "faces".

Will have to spend some time catching up on the threads.

Comments (5)