SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfpotterri_gw

2002 Bosch WFL 2060 keeps stopping mid-cycle?

dfpotterri
14 years ago

Hi there,

It's been awhile since I last posted (I did a kitchen over in 2001) and then bought a Bosch WFL 2060 and drier in 2002. I used to spend a LOT of time here. I am posting because I have exhausted all other resources (except having the service guy in).

Anyway, my 7 year old FLer has been moderately reliable, for any who are interested. Last year, the motor brushes wore out but I was easily able to replace them myself for about $30. Then about 4 months ago, any time we ran a warm or hot wash, the machine would stop mid-cycle and the DOOR LOCKED and WASH lights would flash. If we pressed the START button, the cycle would continue, then it would stop again. If we were vigilant and ran to the basement frequently we could get through a wash with about 4 restarts. :-( Warm/Hot laundry is taking ages.

I only have to restart once with a cold wash, and not at all with a cold permanent press cycle.

Also, the middle drawer where I put softener rarely drains fully any more. I don't know if it's coincidental or not.

I have searched Google obsessively for an answer. I've taken the top off the machine, taken the door switch off and put it back on, cleaned out the entire detergent/softener area, and gone through the "service Training manual". NOTHING has given us a clue about what's going on. I worry about having the service person in since the Bosch Training Manual's error codes don't even include a problem like ours. I'm scared they won't know what's going on and just experiment with solutions on my dime.

I'm almost ready to toss the thing, but I have liked it so far and I can't imagine what else I would get.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

Comments (16)