SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buffalotina

Bosch Axxis WFT2460 losing its mind....

buffalotina
11 years ago

Hello, I hope for some help otherwise this machine is OTD and replaced with a Miele by Friday...

I have had the Bosch Axxis+ WFR2460UC since 2003. Have loved the way this machine has worked, washes fantastic, love the power wash option that gives cold water fill profile wash etc. After about 6 years we had to replace the motor because the brushes had worn. Now last month it has sort of lost its mind. I had set a load on with NO FINAL SPIN as the option. I very rarely do this. Usually at the end of that cycle the display comes up and asks if you want to spin or not. You can then select a spin or just go to the drain cycle. Unforutnatley DH came along saw the washer stalled and turned it off and then could not get the door open again. Anyhoo...after that turning the machine to either the drain or the spin program and pushing the start button just resulted in erratic results - the machine just would not do it. I thought somehow it was confused. For the last few weeks we have been running normal cycles fine. Everything working as expected. Now in the last couple of days the machine has been stopping mid cycle and I go to it and the display is just flashing and the LED light on the start/pause button is flashing. The only way to get the machine to do anything is to start a new program and let it go through it. It will NOT let me select a drain or a spin program. Tonight I came home and it seemed to be taking forever to go through a program adding time and more time as it went. I have the service manual. I just spent a couple of hours going through EVERY single test in the service manual. The machine passes them all with flying colors....absolutely no error codes are stored. BUT, the machine STILL will not let me select a drain or a spin cycle and run it. If I turn it to those and then push the start button again the display flashes with the cycle name and the LED on the start/pause button flashes but NOTHING happens. If I push the start/pause button again the LED on the button goes completely off and the display still flashes the with cycle name.

It is weird. It is as if the machine is forgetting whether it is running a cycle or not and so does not know what to do....however, every single diagnostic test beit the valves, the heater, the drain, the motor.....the display...every single test in the service manual runs FINE!

Please help! I am assuming that if I call a service tech I will pay for the call and they will mess around running up a huge bill and will want to just replace the controller board because I cannot honestly see what else they could diagnose. I found out from Bosch the controller board is over $500. No way do I want to put that kind of money + service call charges into this machine at this point.

I am so disappointed with this machine. For a little more when I bought it I could have had the Miele 1986....so wish I had done that 9 years ago. However, live and learn..

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (11)