SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linrose_gw

Need to site Teasing Georgia, Tea Clipper and others

linrose
15 years ago

So I went apricot/orange/yellow crazy and bought more of them than I can plant. These will go in what used to be my orange/purple garden and is now more like my yellow/blue garden with variations. So far I have Jude the Obscure, Westerland (severely cut back after the Easter freeze), Carefree Sunshine and Reines des Violettes from the old border along the fence. I just planted Lady Emma Hamilton and have Teasing Georgia, Tea Clipper, Julia Child, Sunny Knockout, Ebb Tide, and Wild Blue Yonder to place.

So my question is, which of these will get out of hand (meaning I'll need to place them toward the back) and which will stay relatively mannerly? Are they going to get huge or can I keep them pruned to head height or less? I think I read that Teasing Georgia can get octopus-like. Tea Clipper is a new one so I'm not sure if anyone has tried it yet.

I'm posting here because of the Austins but I may try on the Rose Forum too seeing as how many are moderns.

My DH expanded the existing bed to accomadate many more roses, and it was his idea! He's a keeper!

Comments (17)