SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linrose_gw

Tea Clipper, Lady Emma Hamilton and Teasing Georgia

linrose
15 years ago

Dang if I didn't go Austin happy one day and order like a crazy person. These three along with Jude the Obscure, Scepter'd Isle, Pat Austin and The Alexandra Rose just found their way into my shopping cart while surfing the rose vendors.

I know many Austins blackspot like it's their job. I know they act like divas. I know they are stingy with their blooms.

But there it is, and here I am with a boatload of new Austins on the way.

Maybe they'll do better than I've experienced in the past because I ordered grafted plants this time. One can always hope!

But back to the varieties. I've only ever grown The Alexandra Rose, Pat Austin and Jude the Obscure before. I currently have Pat and Jude as own-root and they have struggled but survived. The blooms, when they do bloom, are so lovely that I've let them stay. I had The Alexandra Rose in a former garden and I'm trying it again for sentimental reasons, it's my daughter's name, and it's a very sweet single.

What about these three? I think I read that Lady Emma is similar to Pat Austin but may even be an improvement in some ways (blooms less nodding, last longer, etc.) I've read that Teasing Georgia can get octopus-like and bloom stingy but is pretty disease resistant. I don't think I've heard anything about Tea Clipper.

Hopefully I didn't screw up too badly with these. If I did well, there's always next year.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida