SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina1_gw

'Starter Cell' message? scrolling on Battery Charger

katrina1
15 years ago

Does any one know what this message could mean?

The Battery charger I bought from Sam's Warehouse Club this morning is a Power On Board 25 AMP Fully Automatic Battery Charger with 75 AMP Engine Start

Nothing in the instuction booklet referenced what this scrolling message, "Starter Cell" means. The manual does not list this message as a battery fault problem message.

The car battery being charged, had been drained from the lights being left on and only discovered when I attempted to restart the car 6 hours later.

The display on the charger started normally with a battery check mode, and then it went into the charging mode. At that time it showed numbers, which increased; I guess depending on the level my battery was being charged.

Those numbers began in the single digits and quickly counted up to 25.87. Before the counter could reach up to 26, the veiwing screen changed to show the sideways scrolling message, "Starter Cell"

What does this mean. The instruction booklet with this charger says that the charger message should read battery full when it is finished. But the display never scrolled the "Battery full" message. Instead it only scrolled the message "Starter Cell"

Since I did not know if that was a faulty battery message or not, I put the battery back in the car, and found that the charger had worked well enough for the engine to once again easily start.

To find out if the scrolling "Starter cell" message indicated a faulty battery, a faulty charger, or an incomplete instruction manual, I phoned the Black and Decker customer service number listed on the front of the Instruction manual, told them what happened. Two different customer service reps had no idea what the Charger was indicating by scrolling the "Starter Cell" message. They told me that message was no where to be found in the charger's documentation PDF files.

Is this a common experience others have encountered when using this charger? Has anyone discovered what that message indicates?

Comment (1)