SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bodicahmb

Is this Treasure Trove? I hope?

bodiCA
15 years ago

Who is this beauty? A long whip broke from a new purchased rooted cutting and I just stuck it in this pot of tuberrose bulbs while I finished my chores. It rooted and is blooming. Reading through my records, my best guess from all I bought is Treasure Trove, but it doesn't look like the pictures I had see before my order. When I noticed the first bud opening, I moved the pot to the door and we enjoyed it slooowly opening as a very elegant tight spiral urn shape, rather like a Marilyn Monroe bud. I am so in awe how long this one bloom remains beautiful. Had no idea it was even possible for a flower to look nice this long?!? Not only is this cutting vigorous, but do you see the red shoot on the right! The bud just opening to the left, I'll watch to see just exactly the time span. The fragrance is wonderful, strong and spicy. I'm thrilled, but do want to be correct in ID. First photo this morning, then backward to the first taken.The petals are very pearlized and not at all papery, nice substance. New red growth turns green. What is the known time span of a "long lasting" rose?

{{gwi:247735}}

{{gwi:247737}}

{{gwi:247739}}

{{gwi:247741}}

Comments (15)