SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spacecase80

Can you tell me where I am going wrong with my seedlings?

spacecase80
16 years ago

We just bought our house in November so this means I get to do whatever I want with my yard. I started some seeds indoors with the peat pellet trays. First I started Asters, sweet williams, and Bachelor Buttons on April 30. Probably a little bit of a late start. The bachelor buttons started beautifully. As soon as they started to get tall I took the lid off. I did notice however that it looked like there was a moldy type residue on some of the pellets. Some had it on the tops and others had it on the sides. I have kept the tray on my refrigerator at night and on my kitchen table right beside my large window for the sunlight during the day. I keep my ceiling fan on low majority of the time. Now the stems to the bachelor buttons seem so weak. Some have fallen compeletly over and others are just bending slightly.

That day I also planted some watermelon and cantaloupe seeds in peat pots and filled them with peat moss. Those started coming up finally about a week and a half ago and are staying stong. But they seem to be growing slower than the rest.

Next on May 7th I planted another pellet tray with onions, hot peppers, cayenne peppers, asters, and goditias. So far those seem to be holding up, but now I am worried about those going wrong like my first tray. The onions are growing tall, but are they suppose to be linky?

I am really excited about having a garden, but now I am getting worried that I cannot do this. What have I done wrong so far and what are some things I might be able to do to save my babies? Or keep from destroying my last batch? Should I start over?

Thank you

Comments (3)