SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieb2270

First Timer with Gallica's, Suggestions Please!

14 years ago

After an entire weekend filled with a huge snow and ice storm, a trip to the hospital and a close call with a fallen tree, I am not a happy camper. 6 inches of snow and ice, and my DH got a huge gash above his lip trying to sled. Unable to drive, I had to walk to our nearest walgreens (which thank God it was open) and get as much medical supplies as possible to treat it ourselves. We got to the doctor yesterday to pay $103 for the doc to tell us we did a really good job, and they don't do stiches after 8 hours from the accident. Thanks doc. Sorry for the rant, my DH will be just fine, but what a miserable experience!

On to the one nice thing that has come from this ice storm...

The neighbors tree split in half because of the weight of all of the ice, and just missed our house and our bedroom actually, which would have had us going to the hospital all over again! Why is this nice you ask? Because the area by the tree is no longer a shade area, it will be full sun come spring. So I have to move my bluebird hydrangeas that are there and I want to plant some Gallicas! Yay!

I am in zone 6b/7a, south of Nashville, and I would love to hear from those of you who have & love Gallicas, and to get your suggestions on what kind to get. When you post your favorite, I would love specifics about the bloom time, and if it is very thorny. The only thing I want for sure out of the plant is BOLD colors. No light pinks, yellows, whites, or apricots please :) Thanks so much!

Pictures of the ice, which was so thick, I didn't even make footprints when I walked around on it!

{{gwi:229934}}

{{gwi:229935}}

Comments (23)