SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

My daughter is gone........

celeste/NH
16 years ago

For those of you who read and responded to my post "Heartbroken Mom" I wanted to update you on what happened with my beloved daughter.

It is Thanksgiving Day but I don't feel like celebrating.

I have lost my Gracie to the lies and manipulation of her no-good boyfriend.

She had a sudden change of heart, and just like I feared and many of you warned me, she allowed that thief/con-artist/user boyfriend to brainwash her into quitting her job and moving to Florida (1,600 miles away) to be with him again. She left yesterday and drove all day/night/and all of today to get there with no rest...28 hrs. on the road all by herself. I have been a nervous wreck. I pleaded, begged, cried my heart out, desperately tried to talk sense into her to no avail. My heart is broken in two and the pain is excruciating. Not only did she move so far away, but she is throwing away her future to be with this user. She had a wonderful job w/ great benefits, loving friends, and a family who love her more than life itself. Now all she has is a guy who lies and steals and can't hold a job. When she left yesterday, she came by to say goodbye and I couldn't let go of her....I couldn't bear it. I was sobbing and beside myself with grief. I am at least thankful on this day that she called me every few hours on the road to update me so I wouldn't go crazy with worry and that she called a little while ago to tell me she had made it there safely. She is every bit as loving toward me as she always has been and hugging her tight and then letting her go was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I told her I was wholeheartedly opposed to her decision but since she is 21 I can't stop her... and that I know he has brainwashed her....but that I will always love her, and she can always come home.

I don't know how to live without Gracie. We have always been so close that I thought I could never lose her. Without her, and knowing how she is allowing this man to use her once again, I am devastated.

Celeste

Comments (37)