SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judijunebugarizonazn8

Anyone get your roses from Garden Roses yet?

Ok, this is the companion thread for “Anyone get your roses from DA yet?” I got an email from Nate Fisher at Garden Roses LLC not too long ago saying they would start shipping to the warmer zones in the first week of February , so I’m thinking that by now maybe some of you may be receiving some of the first plants sent from this new company. I would love to hear your impressions and see pictures of your little plants if you would be so kind as to share your experiences here. :)

Comments (711)

• sautesmom Sacramento
    yesterday

But the entire POINT is money for future shipments should be in a trust account, not being spent for their current personal expenses, ESPECIALLY the money sent to cover shipment costs! 

• TheGableGarden
    yesterday
    last modified: yesterday

Quite frankly, if you still haven't requested a refund, your better off seeking it through the credit card company or bank.

Now they are showing you plants that you've no idea what the provenance of them are and quite honestly some people are just going to get taken for a ride again at this point. They could of went to the cheapest big box store and bought 200 plants to sell for 3x the price.

I'm sorry they felt the need to not communicate with the community they were selling to and didn't decide to be honest much sooner than they were. He was busy shooting you tube videos at Texas A&M in what is probably a 300 to 400 US a night suite may I add that he got comped for free by Texas A&M. You don't just get that done for no reason other than they opened that scholarship. What the hell have they done to have the narcissistic ego to open a scholarship named for themselves. He had no business galivanting all over the United States spending money they clearly now don't have before delivery a single product to people.

They should of had money for shipping in an account ready for the roses they need to send out. The fact that he is now offering replacement plants to people instead of fufilling orders is another one. He must be getting more cuttings from sympathetic people to help him root some of the stuff he was advertising. He clearly couldn't root it all professionally the first time, he still will have problems with mildew and rot with the plastic bottles.

I do wonder what David Austin has done directly about this entire situation considering that I notified the Brand Manager in the UK of this entire saga. His picture of pots with the name AUS is simply there to appease some people who think they are going to get these rare Austins out of him at some point. Basically buying them time to fail at rooting half of what they promise again and then having to tell people they can't meet fall 2024 deadline either. You've got a better chance at winning the lottery.

The fact they STILL haven't provided full size pictures of what they have and don't have is another sign that they are STILL HIDING stuff. I wouldn't spend money with this outfit if you paid me 10 million dollars. People are still literally getting conned by this duo. I'm sick to death of the ''small business'' boo hoo cry me a river story. I know plenty of people who own small businesses and have never had the need to lie, withhold, scam, commit fraud, or any of the other things this duo has done. They sure as hell don't take trips they can't afford either and stay in lavish hotels on other peoples money.

Just a note I've probably got more of these Rare David Austin roses than Mr Fisher the Narcissist does, you don't just procure them and start rooting off them straight away either. He should've been focusing on growing the parent plants the first couple of years while having a proper job to support his family instead of taking pre-orders for plants he didn't even have.

• Related Discussions

What mislabeled roses do you get in your garden?

Q

Comments (18)
    I have ordered hundreds of roses in the last 10 years, and I have received mislabeled roses from every nursery I ordered from ... when dealing in these quantities, it's likely to have at least one or two mislabels among the hundreds. The only nursery I can think that I haven't ordered from is Antique Rose Emporium. Not yet, anyway. Vintage has sent me a few. 'September Morn' is actually a deep pink HT of the same style. Since SM is a sport, I wonder if it may be a reversion but I doubt it. I was supposed to get 'Gloire des Rosomanes', and what bloomed was a weird, pink, Noisette-looking rose. Gregg said that he thinks it's 'Jacques Amiot'. It looks like the JA photos on HMF, and I love having it in my Noisette collection. 'Mrs. Aaron Ward' turned out to be a deep pink HP. I received 'Gloire des Rosomanes' twice instead of 'Birdie Blye'. I blame this on someone, perhaps, collecting old rootstock instead of the rose itself. It's understandable ... how many times have we stood in front of a rose with a label and the rose was clearly Dr. Huey now? Most of my mislabels are better than the ones I ordered. When Sequoia was closing, I ordered a HT they called 'Schultheis' American Beauty'. What I got was 'Schoener's Nutkana', which is a superstar in my garden. It is far too large for the HT-sized space that it occupies, and its HT neighbors will appreciate it when I finally move it to a larger spot. Rogue Valley sent "Reuter China" instead of 'Reveil Dijonnais' one year. I wonder if they accidently dropped the pots or something, because I discovered the rose in that same order that was tagged as "Hoag House Cream" was actually 'Reveil Dijonnais' ... and nothing turned out to be HHC. Anyway, "Reuter China" is an interesting China/Tea that I'm really pleased to have in my collection. Palatine sent me 'Princess de Monaco' instead of 'Prinz Herzeprinzchen'. This was a computer error where both links on their order page pointed to the same rose in their inventory list. They sent me the correct rose in the spring. The only time this happened and I was angry about it was early on in my rose-buying career when I ordered and received "Smith's Parish" and 'Fortune's Five-Color Rose' in the same order ... not knowing that these are considered to be the same rose. I've got a million of 'em. Ashdown sent me 'Manetti' instead of "Ralph Moore's South African OGR". (Perhaps another case of someone along the line propagating rootstock.) I perpetuated this mistake one year myself. I propagated this rose when it was young (and I had no reason to believe that it was misidentified) and I sold two of them. I did the right thing as soon as I realized my mistake, replacing the incorrect rose with another rose of the customer's choice ... since I obviously didn't have the rose they ordered in my garden to replace the wrong rose with. There are a million reasons why a rose you order won't be the rose you actually receive. A reputable nursery will do what they can to make it right. The labels on my garden mysteries have been edited to fit their situation. For most of them, the mistaken ID has a strike through it, with the word 'NOT' above, and I have things listed in my database as "Not Mrs. Aaron Ward", "Not September Morn", "Not Pristine", etc. It's the best I can do.
    ...See More

where can i fine the rose evelyn?

Q

Comments (508)
    Diane Brakefield My own-root Evelyn starts out as a few 1 inch "alfalfa sprouts" roots, it needs A WET medium for calcium & potassium to be soluble to enrich the roots to grow bigger. Versus your Evelyns' GRAFTED-roots have big "pipes" or 100+ times thicker roots, so it can store water in its existing thick roots. Also the soil which I rooted my roses are VERY FLUFFY with mostly dry perlite, and doesn't retain much water like your dense clay, or Deborah's clay in CA. Roses in pots have to be watered frequently (like twice a day) since the soil is VERY FLUFFY for tiny-own-roots. forever_a_newbie_VA8 Soil in the East coast has less calcium than soil in the West Coast due to high rain. I no longer leave pots opened through the winter, since the acidic rain here leaches out calcium, and potting soil goes from fluffy (with plenty of calcium) to dense & hardened due to calcium leaching out of pots. I re-used some old potting soil today and I had to put 3 cups of pelletized lime per 3 gallons of soil to make it fluffy. Evelyn as own-root needs lots of calcium and potassium to be healthy. I have to top my Evelyn with 1 inch of biochar (high in potassium & calcium and trace elements) to buffer tons of spring rain here. Evelyn is healthy if there's enough alkaline minerals (calcium & potassium & magnesium) ..Bagged top soil here is dense black clay, so if I don't have biochar, then I top Evelyn with dense black clay mixed with pelletized lime to offset the high rain in spring. The gloss below from Evelyn leaves are from biochar, or dense black clay. My Evelyn rootings (in fluffy potting soil) DOES NOT have glossy leaves. Below is tiny Evelyn rooting with a bloom, after 3 months of rooting from a cutting:
    ...See More

Anyone get your David Austin Bare Root Roses Yet?

Q

Comments (437)
    Finally, finally, finally got the email from DA that my order(s) are being packaged and will go out this month! Most of my roses are already leafed out and setting buds with some about to bloom already but at least here in Seattle it‘s pretty easy to baby them through the summer even if they start out a bit behind. I’ll have to pot them up anyway since we decided to start construction on our new deck and I don't dare plant anything in the area until that is done.
    ...See More

Garden Roses LLC

Q

Comments (123)
    Many people wait for a long time to receive only partial refunds from Garden Roses LLC. See below: Rose Vendor Feedback | Facebook I paid for my roses in Oct, then paid for a second order in Nov. 2023. Eight people informed in forum and Facebook groups that they got money back immediately from their credit card with disputed charges either online or call in. My credit card dispute window is closed on my orders, so I could not dispute the charge online. I asked Tess for a refund on March 28. I got Garden Roses' email on April 5 that my orders are cancelled & refund being initiated. I don't want to wait forever for partial refund. So on Monday April 8, I called my credit card company, telling them my pre-orders were in Oct & Nov, but GR failed to deliver roses. My credit card said they will contact Garden Roses. The next day, Tues. April 9, my credit card company returned me the money in full (deposited in my checking account).
    ...See More
  • Janet Winkles
    yesterday

TheGableGarden, Please remember they were removed from the Lehigh Valley Rose Society because an audit revealed they used society funds for travel, eating out and paying their personal bills. That money was never recovered. Not sure if you know but I was the customer who blew the whistle. After I did that I had 6 people reach out to me with information however asked to remain anonymous as they said Nate is vindictive. I can’t speak to that, its just what I was told. I feel that they are out of money now as many who requested refunds havent received them after 10+ days. Given their history, this is the most likely scenario. Has anyone said the amount of money they spent to set up that scholarship? Thats the one thing I couldnt determine. It likely isnt a small dollar amount. Talk about hubris! Its terrible that so many likely wont be able to recoup their money. Banks likely won’t be willimg to eat the losses. Nate and Tess have really dampened the enthusiasm for a lot of new rosarians. Its just sad.

• TheGableGarden
    yesterday
    last modified: 20 hours ago

Janet Winkles,

I admire that you had the foresight to blow the whistle on them and I did read about that before I was removed from a certain group by a certain someone who was trying to shut me up. Lehigh Valley Rose Society, I remember reading about at one point or another in this saga. If Nate feels he wants vindication from me good luck with that because he's blocked and I also reside in a foreign country, good luck to the criminal trying to get a visa to live somewhere besides the United States.

I've never seen the amount about the scholarship but I found it ironic that two people who've never done anything in life would name a scholarship for themselves.

I also believe they are out of money and I'd also don't think many will receive the money which is why I offered the advice I've given about going to the credit card company and the bank, saying you've been defrauded and telling them exactly whats happened. Most of the card companies will refund your money if you've done all the steps. The credit card companies won't be so anxious to allow charges to said company going forward either. Best way for people to pay for anything is using your card via paypal.

• roseseek
    yesterday

This is their latest from a Facebook post from approximately 3 PM, PST today.

Garden Roses LLC

· Spring Shipping UpdateGarden Roses has encountered challenges that have significantly impacted our first greenhouse growing crop, resulting in a substantial loss of roses. Due to this unforeseen challenge, our small family business is not able to fulfill many of our Spring 2024 orders when expected. We share in your disappointment and are truly sorry for this delay. Note: This does not impact Fall 2024 orders.We will have some additional band roses ready for shipment by early-June and the rest will be ready by the Fall. If you live in a cooler zone, you can ask us about receiving your order in the Summer months.Delay or CancellationIt is our hope that those in the rose community will still support our small business, but we understand if you do not want to wait until May/June or Fall for your roses. If you would like to cancel your order, please email Tess@GardenRosesLLC.com. We ask for your patience as we respond to each email. As a small family business, we lack a customer service team to automate or expedite this process.AlternativesIf you elect to cancel your order in lieu of waiting, we are working hard to provide alternatives for you to choose from.We do have about 200 own-root roses (not English Shrub roses) that are close to a year old, that were never listed on our website and were planned for in person sales. These will be ready Mother's Day weekend either in person or for shipping. These are in 1-gallon pots.We are also going to try to get in some other rose related products to offer as well (Rose-scented Soaps and candles, rose tea, rose gauntlets, pruning shears, etc.)Thank YouWe are very grateful for all those that are willing to wait until May/June or to shift your orders to Fall. We are dedicated to making things right for everyone and appreciate your support and all the kind feedback as we continue to grow.

It appears the 16 comments to the post are all positive.

• ElfRosaPNW8b
    yesterday

@roseseek they also seem to have deleted all those other posts from the past three weeks, and someone else said they are deleting any negative comments on this new post. That seems to be true, as there was one comment asking for a refund, and now it's gone.

• TheGableGarden
    yesterday

ElfRosaPNW8b Scammers never change, people need to pursue the refunds via chargebacks from the credit card companies and the banks.

• roseseek
    yesterday

@ElfRosaPNW8b I also noticed no one can comment on the page unless they have been following it for two weeks. Stack the deck in your favor...

• pezhead439
    yesterday

I have remained silent, but followed this thread and handled my refund attempts privately, but something about this latest email from them really set me off. I got my several hundred dollars back through my credit card, after giving these people ample time to make things right. The audacity they have to send around another message, still trying to act like they are a legit business just hitting a minor bump in the road, but ready for May/June and fall orders. Folks, I hope none of you fall for this bull. I am so tired of hearing the "small family-run business" excuse for not getting through the refunds in two weeks. If they only processed 100 per day (a very low bar to achieve) that would be 1,400 refunds by now. The refunds aren't coming because the money isn't there, and they're robbing Peter to pay Paul for what little money they have returned to people, to keep the scam going. They were certainly able to take money easily, despite their "small business" model. If you're going to run ANY business, you have to act responsibly. I hope someone files a law suit. They seriously need to be shut down.

• TheGableGarden
    yesterday

@pezhead439 You've got a valid point they wont stop until someone does sue them or they get overly exposed in a different manner. Guess I will pursue the different manner that I was pondering when they seemed to be going legit, now that Mr Narcissist is back it seems scam is continuing.

• windowsill_gardener
    yesterday

It's been two weeks since I emailed Garden Roses LLC asking for a refund and I've received no response and no refund. I'm glad I pursued it with my bank.

I have mixed feelings about this whole situation. I think it's confusing and unnerving because the business feels part-real, part-fake, and also there are children involved. And I feel pretty terrible about children being used to possibly lend credibility a fraudulent business. I also have a great deal of empathy for those with mental illness.

This link was shared up-thread, but if you feel there is fraudulent activity you wish to report, you can do so here: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

I bear no ill-will toward the owners of Garden Roses LLC, but I think it's important to feel empowered to report wrongdoing if you feel that's what's taking place and have evidence to provide. It's a choice you can make.

Several years ago, I was the victim of a cyber crime that was much more overtly malicious and personal. It left me very shaken and unable to trust people online for quite a long time. I chose not to report it, but I ended up being contacted out of the blue by a detective who'd tracked down various victims, and I was able to relay my story. I'll admit it was somewhat of a relief to know the criminal was being brought to justice.

I'm not saying these are equivalent situations, but it's important to know there are avenues to report wrongdoing should you choose to do so. It's everyone's choice and right to do so, and it doesn't necessarily mean you're engaging in a "witch hunt."

• pezhead439
    yesterday

I'll also note that their message says they're investing in additional products to sell.

"We are also going to try to get in some other rose related products to offer as well (Rose-scented Soaps and candles, rose tea, rose gauntlets, pruning shears, etc.)"

This is not a person who knows what the heck they are doing, from a business perspective. They are outlaying additional funds while not paying back refunds. WTH? Anyone considering letting their money ride with the company, in the hopes that they will get the product(s) they were promised, is kidding themselves.

• kcwubba96
    yesterday

I totally agree Pez. I told my local rose garden center who has been propagating own root roses for decades that I ordered from garden roses llc and they said they wished I would have spoken to them first. I wish I would have too, but the allure of those roses washed out my common sense. Don’t fall for it. Do they even have out of commission Austin roses? Most likely not. Hence the new email. There are other legit places to get these roses you just have to be aware of when they offer them and jump on it. Ma Cherie, High Country, K&M..Check your email often for notifications. Those roses in that email photo look awfully small and immature to be in one gallon pots

• susan9santabarbara
    yesterday

Several folks have mentioned his "amateur hybridizing program". Surely, you cannot believe that this guy is actually attempting to hybridize roses, given all of the fake balls he has in the air to manage with his ongoing scam. Saying he's an amateur hybridizer adds to his resume and gives him validity and cachet with rose people. Best bet is that the pics of the "larger" roses in pots are the mother plants of the DA roses he is selling (I'm being generous here in assuming he has mother plants). Which of course explains why he can't provide many rooted roses from cuttings of them, since they're so small.

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday

Rose Friends,

I received an email today from Garden Roses LLC, offering to provide our rose orders for summer or fall or other almost 1 year old roses or rose products. This is commin for businesses to offer delayed shipments or substitute products. It is an excellent way to provide alternatives for customers when a crop fails.

DA Roses offered delayed rose shipments when they had failed. Excelkent ways yo hanfke business!

in addition, Star Roses is located in the PA area which is quarantined for the spotted l. fly. They sell Proven Winners roses/plants, too. . I see responsible nurseries like Star Roses having permits/certification to sell all over the US, wisely distributing their roses after making sure they are pests free. I am sure Gsrden Roses LLC , licated in PA, also, obtained proper permits/cert.. to sell, also.

DA was slow in refunding, answeringvemails answering emails, and correcting orders when they had crop fsilure., They were backed up and took awhile to hsndlecsll orders. Da has tecovered from their crop issues & is foing better. We all live & can learn.

There are many negative assumptions on the above thread. It would be diffucult for a reader to determine fact from assumptions/fiction on thos thread. Presently, I see too much misinformation on this thread.

I sincerely hope this thread is deleted.

• Galadriel
    yesterday

It is a fact that majority of the people who had ordered from them did not receive their plants and neither did they get full refunds . If this thread gets deleted, more people might fall for the same thing.
    I think it’s an insult to ‘small businesses’ by doing what Garden Rose LLC has been doing. If someone is looking for information about this business, they should be able to find them !

• DDinSB (Z10b Coastal CA)
    yesterday

If you’re on Facebook you may want to check out Rose Vendor Feedback.

• pezhead439
    yesterday

I cannot believe that I need to spell this out, but here it is.

Factual differences between legitimate rose dealers (like David Austin, Palatine, High Country Roses, Heirloom Roses, Northland Rosarium, Antique Rose Emporium, etc.) and this "Garden Roses LLC":

- The owner of "Garden Roses LLC" was previously convicted of theft committed by fraudulent activity.

- The owners have not fully refunded customers who requested refunds more than two weeks ago. The typical grace period a credit card company will give a vendor for issuing refunds is 10 days. I have NEVER had a business, small or large, take 10 days to issue a requested refund.

- The other rose dealers we all know have been in business for years, have a proven track record of delivering products on time, and making right with customers if/when they don't.

Pointing to an isolated time (e.g., during COVID) when an established vendor offered alternative roses to customers due to crop problems is, frankly, ridiculous. Does that happen? Yes. In fact, I was contacted by a very reputable *small business* vendor last week saying that the rose I ordered from them failed to survive over winter. They offered me a replacement. Instead, I asked for a refund and, guess what?! I already have that refund. They will receive my repeat business.

Everyone needs to make their own informed decision. I just wanted to respond with facts, given that that was called into question.

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday

@judijunebugarizonazn8

We do not know how many refunds ( or full refunds) have been done by Garden Roses, LLC.-But some full refunds have happened-FACT.S. (Misstatements above in thread …) Where are the statistics-do any of us know all about the stats on refunds, ? No.Legally, we do not know Nate’s business stats,.

To compare one business to another, to expect all business to refund in 10 days even when a catastrophe, is not necessarily possible and doesn’t always happen. .

I have seen Garden Rosrs making earnest attempts to fix the order issues. I would not ”assume anything.” Thete webside demonstrates they are offering choices to fix each other or alternatives. That is legitimate/legal and common when a business has a crop failurre.

Each person has a choice to work it out w/ Garden Roses presently, which banks/legal authorties are aware.

As long as he offers each person a solution/alternatice choices to fix their orders he is following business practices and within the law. He is presently within the law.

DA took all spring and summer to refund me for not being able to fulfill my order when it had crop failure. . They even offered me a rose the next season, to wait a year, as an alternative. i understand DA were having a business crop failure. I waited patiently a full season to work it out. They first projected 1 month to wait for a refund. I was very supportive, anyway, understanding I would support them in building their business back.

As stated earlier, there are ”numerous assumptions and misinformation on this above thread. Please delete this thread, as it is a misrepresentation of many facts., It does not support positive relations within the forum, either.

I beleive in helping my neighbor, believing in him and helping him to do his best! I see Nate and his family has worked very hard, tons of rose pots on his property. I do not wish to see anyone fail. Hard work and trying to build an honest living was evidently what he set out to do. . Having an organic farm is more difficult. Anyway, it is possible for those with loving support to improve and fo well. There are many people who need to improve in this world. We are all not without faiults.,

For those who are perfect…. you may cast the first stone of doubt, even before a law is broken.

Again, I would prefer this thread was deleted. Allow people to make their own decisions based on facrs they research.

This forum used to be a pleasant rose type of club to enjoy.

• brickandmeadow
    yesterday

KittyNYz6, I asked GRLLC for a refund. they did not respond for weeks. When they did, I got a receipt for one amount and a refund for another. They partially refunded me. So somehow through Shopify, they were able to reduce the amount after they sent the ”refund” email email. Does that sound legit and honest?

• KittyNYz6
    yesterday

If an order isn’t fully refunded I would attempt to work it out w/th Nate. Businesses make mistakes frequently. I do not give up unless all reasonable attempts to correct fail.

A bank only issues a refund if all legal attempts to work w/ GGRs LLC failed.

Presently, I see some interesting alternatives to orders which I like….. other roses offered, rose candles, rose products by Nate.

I would never wish anyone to fail. I promote everyone striving to improve.

Again, hoping this thread will be deleted. So we may all work out our own circumstances the best way we understand.

• jessica1996
    yesterday

Please see the latest post on the rose vendor feedback page. Nate has responded to an email that they are not refunding any of the orders they are unable to ship. i am guessing customers will be forced to choose a different variety, a candle, or wait 2 years or so until their mother plants are larger and they work out their kinks. bait and switch. very upsetting. same thing happened to me with ”one love roses” and it took me 30 emails and 1 1/2 years to get my money back. i clearly purchased the roses for spring of 2022 with one love and spring off 2024 with garden roses llc. if they are unable to send out the product then they should refund. please leave this forum up as a warning to all about these scam businesses. very sad.

• judijunebugarizonazn8
    Original Author
    yesterday

Because of the input I’ve received, I do not intend to delete this thread. Sorry, Kitty. Although at present I do not believe Garden Roses LLC is a safe company to deal with and I cannot recommend them to anyone, neither do I feel duty bound to campaign against them.

If I may, I would like to recommend a little story that helps me keep my equilibrium in cases like this. You can find the story in print, I believe, or you can find it easily online: “The Woodcutters Wisdom”, by Max Lucado.

• ElfRosaPNW8b
    yesterday

@KittyNYz6 You claim this thread is full of "misinformation" - but how is it that you know more than others about the way banks and various businesses operate, or who has/hasn't received refunds?

If you truly want this forum to be more "pleasant," stirring up a thread you don't like and bringing more attention to it seems like an odd choice.

• Roses In Clay
    23 hours ago

TheGableGarden, you were removed from RVF because you blocked an admin. That is a basic rule of most groups, and in the rules. Helpmefind group recently made a similar announcement.

Second, RVF is for feedback so purchasers can make decisions, not to create mobs to harass vendors from every avenue whether they are suspected scammers or not. RVF is not an investigative agency and the most we can do is provide information so customers can make purchasing decisions. We cannot open ourselves up to liabilty in case you are wrong about some accusation acted upon.

Janet who first broke the story on RVF is still a welcome member.

• KittyNYz6
    22 hours ago

What is RVF?

• pezhead439
    22 hours ago

Jessica, where is the rose vendor feedback page? Can you provide a link, please?

Kitty, I hope you aren't implying that anyone here wishes other people to fail. Speaking for myself, I ordered a product, the product wasn't delivered, I was offered a refund, I requested said refund, I didn't receive the refund, end of story. It is not personal. Why don't you give others on this forum as much 'benefit of the doubt' as you've afforded this rose vendor? That's the last I'm going to say on this thread. I'm done.

• jessica1996
    22 hours ago
    last modified: 21 hours ago

@pezhead439 it is on facebook. Search ”rose vendor feedback” and then you can request to join and view the posts. https://www.facebook.com/groups/383906040740972/permalink/460995973031978/?mibextid=W9rl1R

the post is a screenshot of an email from nate, posted about 3 hours ago.

• KittyNYz6
    21 hours ago
    last modified: 21 hours ago

As to my knowlwdge regarding GGR LLC, I have background in practicing law, teaching, gardening, business & more. i carefully research facts before drawing conclusions. I am careful not to listen to annonymous information, opinions, assumptions. .

Judy, Niceeee story!

Have a lovely garden day!

• ElfRosaPNW8b
    21 hours ago
    last modified: 13 hours ago

@KittyNYz6 that's great, but your mistake here is to assume that others are somehow less skilled or more anonymous. I don't see any facts at all in your comments; they are mere opinions and hold no more weight than any other comments.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    21 hours ago

Kitty, I have a The Prince ordered. Do I need to choose a different rose ?

I have only 1 rose ordered so I am going to hang in and see what happens

• TheGableGarden
    20 hours ago
    last modified: 20 hours ago

Anyone that is being told you can't have a refund please go to your banks and your credit cards, tell them you've been defrauded, haven't received the product that you paid. Also tell them you won't be receiving the product you were promised either. They will help you and you may need to be persistant. You don't have to settle for no refund and most of these companies/banks are equippped to help you if asked. I suggest you only ever pay via paypal in the future for your products.

• Galadriel
    20 hours ago

Kitty, I can’t believe that you’re implying that this business is making an ‘earnest attempt’! I live in one of the places where we were supposed to get roses in February. But weeks after making posts about starting to ship and big boxes, absolutely NO ONE had received their orders.
    I started getting suspicious and reached out to them via multiple mediums. The only one Nate responded to was a rude reply to my chargeback . Much later in their post about crop failures, the timeline they mentioned coincided with the time they had communicated with me. There was no mention of any alternative, just chiding me for starting a charge back.
    Please DO NOT discount customers’ dissatisfaction and earnest attempts to make things right! We all have families and our own troubles, which does NOT involve trying to mislead people!!

• TheGableGarden
    19 hours ago
    last modified: 19 hours ago

KittyNYz6 -

Honestly, an earnest attempt by this company from the word go should've been come up with a detailed plan in order to keep the communication with the customers who placed faith with them up to date.

They should've informed said loyal customer when they first started experiecing issues with the rooted cuttings.

They could've managed expectations and found themselves in a far better position than they currently are at this point with things. They literally could of asked for more time if they would've been honest about the problems. Can't believe I'm saying that but I would of respected what they were trying to do far more than hiding things.

Plenty of things they could've done and should've done but just didn't bother to actually do.

Please stop telling people they are giving this an earnest go when they aren't even bothering to refund people who've actually asked for there money back.

@Galadriel if he chided you then that isn't customer service, that is abuse from someone who is mad about you actually using the means of credit card protection and bank card protection to protect yourself from his failure to be honest with you.

• TheGableGarden
    18 hours ago
    last modified: 18 hours ago

I encourage anyone reading this to go to your credit card company or your bank and tell them you've been defrauded - that they aren't going to refund your money. You didn't receive the goods you purchased from them.

• Sandy Tunnoise
    18 hours ago

Seems to me that anyone who still thinks they are ever going to get their roses from GRLLC are sadly kidding themselves. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that nothing Nate does is legitimate or honest. Contact your CC company and get a chargeback while you still can.

In the future, pay with PayPal.

• Rose Geek
    16 hours ago

Based on the emails Garden Roses LLC sent out today, I have put a post out on Rose Geeks. I really wanted the best for Garden Roses LLC.....

• erasmus_gw
    16 hours ago

Right, it's not anyone's job to tell other people what should be acceptable to them in a matter of broken trust.

• TheGableGarden
    15 hours ago
    last modified: 14 hours ago

You can get a chargeback even if they are out of funds, that wont stop your credit card company from helping you or your bank. I hope that people will now file for these things with the proper card companies and banks. You don't have to accept that you won't just get a refund.

--- leaving the link to this post for those seeking information on getting refunds --

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6438292/garden-roses-llc-information-thread-condensed#29024539

• AllSass_CA10b
    15 hours ago

He literally mentioned in an update months ago that they had reserved funds for any cancelations. I could swear it was in an email. Struck me as an odd thing to mention. Never would cross my mind to touch money I haven’t earned yet. Such a red flag. This was sometime in late fall or early winter. I

Store credit for what lol? There is no merchandise! I’m getting a headache just imagining what these candles would smell like. Would you trust burning them in your home knowing who they came from? Someone with a large order can get a bunch of trash candles. some random rose or wait for an imaginary rose to show up someday? How is a candle an alternative?. Unreal. Do they know some people have allergies to candles and that they are TOXIC to indoor birds?

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    14 hours ago
    last modified: 14 hours ago

To be fair most businesses don’t have the reserves to handle everyone wanting a refund at once. Even established and reliable businesses are often leveraged using past income and loans to fuel future production.

That said, if a product cannot be delivered, the customer should get a refund, seeking any availble means. It is as simple as that.

And LOL on the ’Candles and T-shirts instead of Roses’ option. How many takers? And I guess since it’s an LLC, they won’t be held responsible if their candle overwhelms your poor indoor bird.

14 hours ago

Only if the T shirts say

Ive been Scammed by

Garden Roses LLC

• Roses In Clay
    11 hours ago

I've been asking about their plant tags but no one responds. Has anyone ever gotten plant tags? You don't have to propagate tags & the laser engraver is shown on their page. I would order 100 tags if it were legit. It's confounding they would put so much energy into creating the mirage of a business then not put in the final ingredient.

• KittyNYz6
    11 hours ago
    last modified: 10 hours ago

@Rose Geek

I do not know about anyone who was refused a refund; I’d like to see a letter that says they refused a refund if it happened?

I hear discussions above, but to see actual letters and see names of real sources as some have referred to “anonymous sources.” Not sure what to believe.

However, , if GGRs refused a refund. . it could be disputed because they need to stand by their guarantee. PA law says PA businesses can determine their policies for cancelations. GGRs has determined a policy which says ”customers may choose a refund…” It does not say GGRs chooses store credit for their customers.

Here is GGRs policy which is advertised on their website:

They are required by law to refund by following their own advertised policy.

TheGableGarden, So you were suspended from RVF, Rose Vendor Forum, removed due to you blocking an administrator. A breach in rules.

Kristine, I am waiting to see what hapoens, too. I may order the roses WS2000 & The Prince in future from other supplier, if they don’t come in my order. If you are anxious to receive The Prince, their are other nurceries to order from now, maybe still available. . If Nate has other priducts I may order rose candles.

From reading their policy and home page cancellations, and alternatives…. they are required to follow through w/ refunds if customer chooses or cistomer nay choose delayed order , or custoners choice of stated GGR”s alternatives.

I’d like to see the alternative rose products to choose from & tags now?

• KittyNYz6
    3 hours ago
    last modified: 2 hours ago

I noticed some people guessing about Nate’s business set-up. How big? Is it real? Was it big enough? How many roses? What type of propogating? And more wondering about it??

I found Rose Geek’s Tour of Nate’s farm on you-tube video Nov 2023 very informative. Rose Geek went to his farm, one sees her visiting it in her video-it is a genuine farm.. It is advertised on his website that you may come visit his farm.

In November 2023 you tube video the follow info. is shared:

Nate shares his family “5 member’s, 3 children,” in the video. All family members have participated in his farm, demonstrated in the video.

He started his business to hybridize roses from seedlings. To develop his own roses. That is a good reason to have lots of seedlings. He shows Rose Geek in video his seedling Mother plants in pots in the field along with herbs and companion plants grown beside roses for organic reasons.

He has seedlings and rooted roses from cuttings growing in his borrowed green house on the farm. He bought a new green house of similar size he says which was coming.

Nate states he had “1200 Mother plants…. and 1500 seedlings in green house.” -Referring to roses. Rose Geek & Nate discuss a variety of roses he propogates/sells such as Kordes, English roses and more… Rose Geek says it is one of the most extensive lists of roses on the market.

Nate says his farm is 1/4 acre but will double in size in next year.

Photos of Rose Geek’s video demonstrate Nate’s farm size and oroducts…

Nate’s website….. he started to hybridize…… links show his rose guarantee…..how to visit his farm….seedlings in field of his farm article.

• Elestrial 7a
    3 hours ago

Kitty, please see the screenshot below where they said they will no longer be offering refunds

• KittyNYz6
    2 hours ago

Elestrial,

Often businesses do not know they ”can’t go back on their policies… their guarantees…. ” That is often how it starts. What a shame to not honor his policy, a breach in PA law. Refer to his policy on his website…. I posted his policy to give refunds…..attached above….. He is required by law now to give refunds if customers request them.

Customer may choose to work with him by purchasing other products or waiting for delayed orders. as an alternative, too.

I see he had some wonderful ideas starting his farm.

Heart breaking to see a business not make it. I wish there was a way honestly to bless everyone and his business.

Submit email to your bank or CCcard Co. & they will pursue taking care if it now.

• Elestrial 7a
    2 hours ago

I was able to get a full refund but it does seem like I am in the minority group with that. A sad and strange situation all around. I hope those who have tried but not gotten a refund yet are able to succeed with a chargeback

• KrystalW 9b SoCal
    28 minutes ago

I received an email from Tess last Wednesday regarding my order being cancelled and that i was being refunded. She said per Shopify, i have to allow 10 days for it to hit my account, which in my experience with refunds, shouldn’t take longer than 2 business days. I still haven’t received it and I’m pretty concerned with this new message they sent out. What an unfortunate fiasco!

21 minutes ago

My thinking is that they have literally run out of cash. In a business that money from purchases goes back in to the business. They had no idea that there would he a ”run on the bank ” so to speak and ran out of refund money pretty quickly. I still do not believe that this was an intentional scam or there would be no refunds . I think that they have no idea what they are doing and are now floundering in the mess. But, like I said, I have only 1 rose ordered but it would ge a different story if I was out 100’s like a lot of you.