SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

If there is a next time, I will probably be not so polite

gandle
16 years ago

Was working at our towns little museum this morning from 8 AM til 2 PM. There had been quite a few guests until about 11:30 and then nothing for a while. A woman walked in, looked around and said "This place is fascinating", don't know why she would think that, she spent less than a minute looking around. Then she began talking, I heard about her early childhood, the names of her pets, all her family and extended families histories. Each time I would try to say anything she would just talk faster. I was praying for more guests to show up or the phone to ring, anything, but no, she just kept on. I swear she talked for at least 15 minutes without a break. In the mean time I had picked up a crossword puzzle book and was trying to work one of the puzzles, eventually, she laughed and said "here I am doing all the talking, was there anything you would like to tell me about the place". I started to say something, I don't even remember what when she started again. Looking out the window I saw a couple of cars pull up and thought I'm saved. Wrong, she actually went out in front of the building and intercepted the first bunch of visitors and was telling them her life story. Being polite they stayed and listened for maybe 5 minutes and finally came in and asked "was that one of your greeters?.

If she ever shows up again while I'm being the host I am going to tell her to get lost.

I think that there should be a disease named after her, something to do with the driven compunction to talk everyones ears off

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions