SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demeron

So if this doesn't fly, advice for next time--?

demeron
17 years ago

I don't do this stuff much, so I appreciate the benefit of other's experience.

I am in a reasonably brisk market (at the moment there are no other 4 brm houses under 200K in our school district) and priced 2K below comps when we listed Oct 1. 16 showings, four offers, under contract in one week. Buyer backed out after a month due to wanting to stay in their state of origin. (We got $1250 of the $2K earnest money back, sigh). So back on the market in Nov and found a buyer within a weekend, 2 offers this time.

Buyer (as known to those following my saga) got an inspection which turned up "$7900 worth of repairs." They asked for $5K. As I understand it, none of the repairs are necessary to the sale of the house, though updating the electrical would be desirable (less than $2K) Wednesday we agreed to give them $2500. We have not heard back and we have no idea whether this is going to resolve happily or not.

So here's the question-- if we go back up, are we going to suffer a stigma from having 2 contracts fall through? Any advice for avoiding this off and on stuff? I do think we'll take a hard look at the repair list and see what we can get done-- we've had a hard time finding help at this time of year, but if we go till after the holidays, I suppose it will be easier to find.

Sigh.

Comments (7)