SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

I could have done without the 'hmms' and 'uhhuhs'

gandle
16 years ago

Have had a problem with cloudy vision in my right eye for I suppose a week. Almost like cataracts but this covered the entire eye. I frankly was afraid to go to the opthmalogist because of thinking it would be bad news. I had cataract surgery possibly 18 or 20 years ago and had never heard of them returning. Finally went to the eye doctor yesterday and after peerng through a myriad of machines and having an ocean of drops in my eye and lots of "hmms" and "uhhuhs" he said I have to write some notes, It seemed that he wrote enough for a novel and I was getting more and more concerned when he turned and said "the membrane behind the implant and just in front of the vitreous sac has become occluded to the point that you may have only about 40% vision in that eye." He paused and then said "fortunately, I can repair that right here in the office with the laser and we can do it in the next 5 minutes. There is a small risk of retinal detachment and an even smaller risk of infection but what do you want to do?" That was a no brainer. It took all of 5 minutes and I counted 15 clicks of the laser, it looked like a flashlight mounted on spindly legs. For the rest of yesterday I couldn't see much of anything but waking up this A.M. everything was wonderfully clear maybe for the first time in months. What a relief, I have to wonder if the "hmms" and "uhhuhs" were for dramatic effect. I'm quite a happy person this morning.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions