SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Looking for Chicago area lawn care company: Not mowing, just weed

After years of wanting to avoid chemicals on the lawn, my "grass" is now more weeds than good grass. Last fall I got desperate and killed a large area of crabgrass with rounup. When it was all dead I raked it out, and sowed new seed. I thought that was the answer. It looked great last fall and this spring. But now, in midsummer, all that good new grass has died out, and crabgrass has seeded itself heavily in that are. It looks even worse than it did last summer. In the back, my "lawn" is mostly ground ivy and yellow woodsorrel.

This is beyond me. I need to hire some lawn care company to get rid of this. I've tried various chemicals, but getting the right dilution is near impossible. And I don't have the time for it.

I won't use TruGreen (aka Chemlawn) because I used them a long time back and they were so slapdash they missed a lot of areas. My neighbors still use them, and the application is still slapdash. I have large areas of garden beds, I need someone conscientious enough that the garden will not accidentally get sprayed.

Does anyone know of a Chicago area company they are happy with? I'm in the NW suburbs. It's a shot in the dark, but I thought I'd at least ask. Thanks!

Comments (3)