SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eureka_gw

Don't Know How to Prioritize

eureka
18 years ago

We have had some very pretty days lately, ideal temps 65 - 70 for working in the yard. I am trying to shape up the yard so that come the high temps, 95 & Up, hopefully the yard can just be beautiful w/o needing much from me. I feel as though I'm running myself ragged trying to get pruning done (trees, shrubs, roses, spreading additional compost and working it in some, weeding (quite a bit from seeds blown in, not from under the mulch). I also have bulbs and seeds to plant & also must rebuild some raised beds that got pounded by storms. I'm also trying to get the yard changed over to organic practices but as the only one doing the gardening, I get really worn out. Is there a philosophy or an order to follow so that once done, I can keep moving forward knowing that the area or thing I just did is good to go on its own for a length of time? It just seems that I can never just sit back to enjoy the yard, I'm always having to work to keep everything going. I do believe that this area is not easy for gardening and I know there is also something to do in a garden all the time but this seems excessive. An old friend used to say " you can have a clean house or a nice garden but not both." I'm beginning to believe this. Anyone have some guidance?

Comments (7)